close calls with stupid people or aholes

Chris Davis /

I actually had a guy who was riding my ass in a residential area (25mph limit I was doing 30), he was on my tailpipe yelling at me. We stopped at a light, and he starts getting out of his car still yelling at me how he's gonna beat me up for driving slow. So I pulled the nightstick off the front fork of my ped (got it zip tied right there in a belt holster), its one of those that's 6 inches long that you flick to extend to 18 inches long. So I took it out and turned around still on my ped, and flicked that thing to extend it.

he turned three shades of white and got back in his car and I let him drive around me. What a dick.

anyone else have close calls ?

Re: close calls with stupid people or aholes

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Every day.

I just get motorcycle dudes asking me where to find parts for their puch they are working on

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

It was the Tomos.

I have close calls every day I ride. Keep your head on a swivel, and keep the rubber side down. Be well my friend.

had a old bitch try to shave my elbow for me one day passing in my lane, same crap another day with a different old bat so i knocked on her window as she passed and she shit a brick. really rustled my jimmies.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

i have had full on confrotations, but what really got to me was the otherday.

i was riding WOT about 30 on the minty VLX, as i am aproaching a t side street, that has a stop sign obscured by a work van, i catch at the last minute a big new pickup truck with what had to be an 80-something couple run the sign doing 35.

the MF's live on that f'in street for 40 years and they think that the sign is blocked so its not there.

four inches from a T bone. surprisigly on a hot day, the stock dual-use kobbies have like superglue grip, i hit full brake and stopped within 2 ft. bottoming the front fork travel and half bunyhoppin, stopped so hard and fast, i burnt my leg on the exhaust, wretched 2 vertabre to the extent of a ER visit, i am layed up three weeks.

not only didn't they stop to see if i was ok. they smiled like idiots, waved and were laughing about it. rippin off at 40.

when they get a wrench through thier window the next time i see them. i will wave, smile and laugh about it. and if pops gets out, i will punch him right in the lower back, and say NOW we are even.

as a result i am getting a shock proof camera cell phone i am gonna wear on a lancet so i can get the plates #s assholes.

i love that you can follow them, ride between the cars right up to their window at the next light and yell at them 12" from their face.

no one ever forgets cutting me off

AGREED! Its always nice catching them at the light at tapping on their window to let em know how ya feel...

I am riding home from work a few weeks ago, going around 40kph in a 50kph zone (I hadn’t variated the bike at that point yet), and some ass in a Cadillac with diplomatic plates passes me in MY lane, not even an arm length away. Relatively dangerous...and it doesn’t stop there.

I stick my hand out in a “dafuq is this shit” manner (mind you, I did not flip them off cause that shit’s childish), just to show them that what they did is not simply illegal, but also fucking dangerous.

I keep riding on, and this guy pulls up in front of me and starts slowing down, as if to try and stop me from going further. It’s a 2 lane road each way, rush hour, and he is pulling up in front of me and decelerating...

By that point my psycho radar is already on and I’ve already decided that I am not going to turn onto my street. They make a FULL stop (there is no shoulder), I just pass them and keep going. He starts tailgating me.

This is the cherry on top right here...once he realizes I’m not going to stop for his highness almighty, he pulls up beside, cracks his window, and this is what I see:

A couple in their late fifties, clearly retired with too much money and too much time. Both are screaming on top of their lungs at me while the fucker is handling the car with one hand, leaning over his wife, and VEERING INTO MY FUCKING LANE CAUSE NEITHER OF THEM ARE LOOKING AT THE ROAD. They keep screaming obscene things at me, saying how I flipped them off and shit bla bla bla. EVEN if someone DID flip you off, fuck, just take the higher road, keep driving, let him be an asshole.

For the sake of my safety I pull over onto a side street, take my helmet off, he turns in as well, squeals his tires as he’s turning around (w.t.f.)

I’m sitting on my bike waiting for him to lay it on me. Except I didn’t. I went off on the guy as soon as he was within hearing distance, but saw it as a futile argument because they were HELLBENT on believing they did not pass me in my lane, and kept saying how I was holding up the corolla behind me. Okay...but the corolla managed to pass me just fine and didn’t fucking birth a cow while doing it either.

They were acting really pathetic overall, as if they just needed to fill their daily douchebag quota. The guy was dictating my license plate to his wonderful counterpart as I was leaving (to call the cops I’m assuming) but I covered it up and left. They creeped me from the side street for the longest time.

Times like this make me wish it was legal to carry batons in Canada. Better yet I would have loved to do this when they were tailgating me...

Carry mace. I wanna get a couple of those paint ball grenades just pop one of them in there car when I catch up to them at a light and thoroughly cover the inside of their car with paint.

I don't usually get hassled. But I noticed that when I wear a t-shirt, the wind blows the bottom of it up and over the butt of my .38 special. Maybe that's why nobody ever tailgates me.

When you ride you have to also anticipate the idiots you share the road with, close calls is often a daily occurance during the weekend out here but is extremely rare during the week when all the assholes are still in town working their little rat race jobs.

As vengence is better served cold and humans are creatures of habit, you may notice that the idiot driving the stunnedmobile most likely is driving around the same neighbourhood at around the same time almost like clockwork. Really not so difficult to just cruise around a bit and discover their point of origin.

Not that I would suggest vengence, however, it is handy to know that 1/2 a potato or apple crammed into the tail pipe of a car, van or truck will effectively work as a speed limiter and keep such people to a 30mph limit. More apple or tater just would produce either no start or a very low top end speed. Usually good for at least $200 at the local garage in diagnostic testing, which is beneficial to the local economy if nothing more.

Batons are illegal to carry in Canada -

Sockets are legal and furthermore are available at DollarRama in a fancy little $2 tool kit. You have to be careful with how you handle your tool kit while you ride, the nice small rounded 1/4 drive socket can accidentally become a projectile if not stored properly, and against tempered glass such as a side or rear window on a vehicle it will often shattering the glass upon impact. Also a bit painfull to get one in the side of the melon.

Just saying...

hahahahaha I'm trying to hold my laugh in at work. With that said I should get off MA until I finish.

All good tips guys... :P The paint grenade would be too funny but others may take it as a random act of vandalism and round up the mounties. Produce in the exhaust is the best though, they'll have no clue what the problem is.

I'm not seeking vengence, but it'd be better for all if I never see that cadillac again. I didn't ride for a week and a half after that shit. It was my first road rage incident so I was a bit shaken up.

Driving people on cell phones are murderers waiting for a cell. They would be much safer locked away. That's all I gotta say about this today.

Yep, like others have said. You have to be prepared for ANYTHING at ANYTIME. If you can't do that, you need a safer hobby, like collecting pretty feathers. And at least wear shoes most of the time!

REPORTED!

For ultimate Badassery!

Cosmo Sunburn Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Every day.

same here. Tchoupitoulas is a death trap. New Orleans drivers use horns instead of signals if they use anything at all. stop signs are optional and people turn left at red lights, and drive the wrong way on one way streets

cell phone soccer moms

pedestrians texting while they cross the street

i'm sure our 24/7 access to liquor doesnt help

its sort of ridiculous.

oh shit man you're the best, a vengeful humanitarian

+1 for paint grenade idea :-)

sookia sookia /

adam smith Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> had a old bitch try to shave my elbow for me one

> day passing in my lane, same crap another day with

> a different old bat so i knocked on her window as

> she passed and she shit a brick. really rustled my

> jimmies.

lmao

Alonzo Branson /

Be VERY glad he didn't pull a pistol and shoot you.

On some rides my .357 is hanging out of my pocket in an almost careless way. The message is not only am I dangerous, but sloppy as well. I get a wide berth when it's showing.

BTW Knowing I can take them out makes me much calmer in traffic.

Haha ^^ I know exactly what you mean. For peace of mind when it matters the most, Smith & Wesson.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Deezy, didn't you get bottles chucked at you a couple years back?

When we were living on the border frontier I had an SKS with a 30 round mag on the passenger seat. The feds would pull me over and barely glance at it. One fed even told me it was a good idea.

I was pulled over a few miles away from the spot where agent Terry was murdered, a few hours before all that happened. Even afterwards the feds didn't say squat about it, although I was blatantly violating state and I presume federal law.

Guns, while nice, just tend to escalate things, not that some of these meat puppets don't need to be put down. I LOVE the paint grenade idea! Prob get you locked up though. Back when I used to have a can of blaze orange spray paint for those that try and crowd you out of your lane, add a racing stripe! Downsides were orange hand and some overspray on bike. :( With every jackass having a cell now someone would rat you out. Just be careful, never stop looking around you, not even for a second, that is all it takes to end you. Be safe everyone!

This is why I installed a Mack air horn & air tank on my ped. along with a ball peen hammer.

4 cell mag lite if you have room to carry it, bad or worse than a baton, legal to own/carry about. Nice for break downs at night too.

hahahaa, yes I did. Out of town cowboys.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account