My new project.

Well, actually a project that has been in the works for some time. I just haven't had the time to actually get much done to it. I was going to go for the stock look but I kinda like the open drive. Still have to get the Urban wiring harness installed so the push button start works. But it's set up for 12 volts as is.

DSCF3017.JPG

Re: My new project.

It's clean, fo sho. Now put your drive cover back on you big silly.

Thanks, I think I'm gonna leave it open like that. Electric start and all, who needs a kick start? What's cool is that you can actually hear the belt when you riding it. Never get that with the cover on. And before anyone tells me how I might loose a toe or something, I am willing to risk it. :)

This is awesome.Did evrything you used come from an urban and did it just press on to rear shaft and crank without modification after pressing off the gear and original clutch?

Nevermind you just swapped the whole motor.I just noticed the carb angle and head

You'll shoot your eye out. Also- if batt go dead- no push starty. Take it from a fellow NU'er, It will happen.

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Nicely done!

I like that big heavy 2T Suzi there too.

Nice

Ha ha...you'll shoot your eye out...love that movie.

Yeah I'm sure it is gonna happen. Just have to get a jump from someone. Right, like that will happen.

Yeah Eric, complete motor swap, but not a direct bolt on. The rear shock and mount on the engine have to be modded for it to work. Plus a 12volt battery has to be used as well as all the lights have to be 12 volt. Next is to swap entire wiring harness so I have a starter relay and voltage regulator. Not going to use the turn signals or regulator. The 78 never came with signals.

What I was thinking is putting the urban clutch and secondary on nc50 engine and if it would press right on to crank and rear axle.I havn't seen this done anywhere so wondering if its possible.Even if I had to weld the secondary onto the rear shaft or using the urban rear shaft.Thoughts on this?

By the way I've learned a ton about these things from your youtube videos so thanks.

Glad the videos have helped. I was thinking of making a new one on how to clean the dreaded auto choke. Just haven't done it yet. As for putting Urban parts on an NC engine as you asked about....

I'm thinking you mean take the front variator and rear and put them on the NC engine?

I'm sure it could be done, but not without a LOT of fabrication plus you'd have to figure out some way to have a transmission as the Urbans have. meaning final gears.

In my opinion, it's just easier to run an Urban engine as it already has everything your looking for. But if you have the skills go for it.

I have garage,tools,welder, but yeah your right its probly not worth the hassle when I'd need to get the parts from an urban anyway why not just look for almost complete urban or hobbit to fix up.Thanks for the input

I would cut holes in the cover and install it, maybe slots?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account