New guy

Don't know jack, really like Tomos TT and Puch models from the 70s/80s

San Diego, CA

I want a classic moped very much and would appreciate anyone who can help

Re: New guy

Wolf Wizard /

Buy sell forum. craigslist. ebay.

Read up on the wiki (at top of the page by forum button.)

Ride.

tomos TT's are usually 1990-2012 (still made, but called the LX)

50v for the best ever, but be mechanicaly inclined. Puch is a nice machine, but light. (maxi's) Hobbit is awesome too. Best most reliable bike ever. stock). Many good makes out there, but from my experience Motobecanes and Honda's are the best. Vespa is nice, but never owned one, so cant speak from experience. When seeking first ped, buy a runner! See to it that it has a clean fuel tank, try and find one that has not been in a yard forever, out in the elements. Moisture kills. (rust). Many good bikes. Just make sure the one you buy has not been butchured, left in the rain/snow etc. Many nice no-peds too, qt-50 if you are not a large framed person. urban Express is nice too. Pick what you like.

Hey new guy, check out the new SSR Lazer 5 mopeds. You can buy them new for around a grand or less, and they have the 4-stroke engine (Honda clone). I have one and it runs fantastic. Everyone on MA is starting to show interest in them also, although they won't admit it.

Crap

Jim Rees Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hey new guy, check out the new SSR Lazer 5 mopeds.

> You can buy them new for around a grand or less,

> and they have the 4-stroke engine (Honda clone).

> I have one and it runs fantastic. Everyone on MA

> is starting to show interest in them also,

> although they won't admit it.

This guy is full of shit, dont waste your money.

I have had the same hobbit since 2010, with all the bells and whistles, and I am just now replacing the crank (stock crank blows up them bearings but good with a notched variator)

as far as tomos goes, ive seen/ ridden on a golden bullet that blasts dubs like skrillex on a friday night in tampa.

Jim Rees Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hey new guy, check out the new SSR Lazer 5 mopeds.

> You can buy them new for around a grand or less,

> and they have the 4-stroke engine (Honda clone).

> I have one and it runs fantastic. Everyone on MA

> is starting to show interest in them also,

> although they won't admit it.

Yeah, no one likes these. No parts line, no product support... And they are manufactured below standard (in comparison to other moped manufactuers).

Hey new guy, don't listen to these kids, the Lazer is a great moped and yes, you can get parts for them if you ever need to. Plus they have a 4 stroke Honda clone engine, which is better than any two stroke out there.

i got a 50v it makes my pepe go doing doing doing

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account