yo dummies, what was your first post on MA?

mine was "it's true. i've put poops in some of their toilets, and they totally let me." in response to a thread entitled "Mosquito Fleet, Good Guys"

I'm really happy my first post involves poop. Totally set the tone for for my MA Forums experience thenceforth.

Re: yo dummies, what was your first post on MA?

How does one figure out what one's first post was?

What a Noob:

(jeremyd) — May 07, 2008 11:26AM

I am getting a "metal on metal sound" from my engine (94 Tomos LX) when at 10-15mph. It is a screaching kind of sound. Is this a piston issue? Thanks for the feedback.

Piston issue, ha.

yeah yeah. I'm at work and didn't take the time to think it through. my bad.

Nick (hatepickler) — Sep 07, 2007 11:57PM

"Any one else in Minneapolis? Anyone interested in getting together for a ride? Or a beer? Or a ride then a beer?"

Mars™   (martian) — Dec 11, 2006 01:00PM

First Post to the Forum!

So, I recently obtained my first ped, and have managed to get it from a rust-filled, cracked piston state, to a happily running toy.

The wiring was a mess, and is not fully rigged up. I had to figure out which wires running from the coil were what, and there are still a few that are a mystery. Attached to the left side of the ped, below the seat, there is a small block with a yellow wire running out of it. It's about 2x1x0.5 and doesn't seem to do much, as the ped is running great without it.

What is it?

I can get a picture of it if needed.

Lis Metal Ponies (clashdk) — Jul 13, 2004 05:14PM

There is a 1980 Puch for sale that I am looking at, that is in real good shape and runs and everything but the only thing is it has 32,500 miles on it. Should I worry about mileage on a moped?

my first post was long and boring but someone should just told me UPJET DUMMY!

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Do you have an upholstery guy? Mine made me this...which after painting today, will be on tomorrow

How boring (edited)

Ian T ( iant) — Jan 08, 2008 02:00PM

I saw robosaurus at Monster Truck Jam!!! a couple years ago. He only eats American cars, foreign cars he spits out.

Seriously.

Ha! in response to THIS POST, anyone else remember WariSesi (edited)

Charlie BUZZARD (mopedmaynard) — Jun 26, 2008 07:44AM

So... Do any of you guys ride mopeds? Oh, look. There was a change of subject.... Roll with it. The forum is For the MA... Not the retired cast from "Days Of our Lives".

That was honestly my second post, but my first post was, "I have a dead one. It was given to me." Thats boring, lol. Going back over your first posts is fun.

First post: "Trying to dig up some local riders. I know your here.... "

Boring.

BTW, I was Wari Sesi..

if you're having trouble searching, found this old post

just hit f3 and search page.

i changed emails a few times, old acct's are hard to find.

09:13 pm

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

Beard Road Bruiser (japollner) — Jun 15, 2011 03:34PM

where is this located?

Re: Quatto in Ohio.

"Go to Xenia and see why the movie Gummo exists."

I never really used this site for moped talk, even when I was new, haha. All snark, all the time.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito (roburrito) — Dec 26, 2006 03:07PM

been out since 12/05/09 when our 2009 arrived lazer sport 5 in usa

now 2010 upgraded in looks only (same) ped looks only

so if you see an 09 model it will have blacked out wheels from us in california

2010 has polished lip on alloy wheels

thats it

but if check prices very low compared to any other new moped parts out there

no one has new since mopeds been here since 70s all are old stock

lazer mopeds are newest pedal moped in usa

but i promise they are here to stay

jerry

Michael Thomas /

Sep 12, 2009 02:42PM

Great pic. My stock Express gets my 260lb. ass up to 33-35 on a flat consistently. I switched to premix but that's it. BTW, going 35 on an Express feels like 70.

This was about posts up

Spartafoxilover (drrockzo) — Sep 12, 2009 01:13AM

no your a complete douche go kill yourself you stupid fuck.

Stupid question

Josh (ritzone182) — Nov 10, 2010 02:16AM

So, i guess this is the right forum for this, but random question... What do the numbers/sizes for carbs mean? like i hear of people buying 14/22 sha carbs, etc. or you can buy a 20mm, 23mm, etc carb. What do those sizes mean and how do you know what the fuck to buy?

I was such a noob....

A build thread!

"Grey L (saabsonettguy) — Apr 12, 2005 10:53AM

I am building a custom racing style moped, The specs will be as follows: heavy-duty adjustable rear shocks(1.5in shorter than stock),tomos front suspension,tomos wheels,custom seat, drag style bars, custom exhaust using a the "header" pipe from a biturbo welded to whatever muffler i use,Tomos A-35 50cc motor with a ported head and intake, all on a modified hercules frame. Comments and suggestions would be great. Images"

i dont even remember what my user name was the 1st time i posted

Total boner

Slow Goer Tommy (tommyturbo) — Jun 10, 2008 08:24PM

I just bought a `77 Puch, but I have no clue what it is. It has the E50 motor, but it doesn't say anywhere what model it is. Two things that make it different from other Maxi's and Newports I've seen:

the rear fender is separate from the frame, and it has a 1,5 hp sticker on the side. is this a sport model?

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

haha ok did find mine:

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,692636

the site formatting got me on the first post, but definitely nostalgic after being to WB2. myspace link even! had been into peds for awhile, but just met the first other group of locals that rode. they invited me to louisville for a rally -it was my first experience with MA, and a good one. plus now i have twice as many peds. oh i can remember the days of only having 54 haha

Patrick Keaton /

I was trying to get a rear wheel complete with clutch for my Vespa Grande.

I still have never got one. I figured one day in the future to try to put a Ciao rear wheel on it, just to get by,but since the Vespa Grande is buried in the shed it has never happened.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,326442,327872#msg-327872

andy (jumpsuitsteve) — Aug 18, 2006 01:41AM

"I just got back last week from 16 days of cross country travel from Mendocino, CA to Western Mass... 4800 miles on my 650 cc Honda Silverwing. Granted it was quite the ride, but two days after i got home I just had to go out and snag myself a ped. Its a completely different ride! its fantastic, the perfect downsize i was looking for, and that was my first motorcycle, but already i feel more attached to the boxes of parts that was until just recently my first moped. and once i get through this wonderful restoration process, if i can manage everything back together lol, i am going to cruise around for the rest of the summer on something a bit smaller ha!"

true

Chicago title/registration craziness

Pizza the Hutt ( andyhunt) — May 11, 2011 01:48AM

So I just bought my first moped ever (awesome). A 1978 Cimatti. I've gotten a lot of advice about getting it registered in IL but the process seems nuts. (Getting someone else to register it in MI and transferring it back to me... wtf? It still needs to be re-registered in IL. It makes no sense.) There's mopeds all over this city, there has to be a better way.

What would happen if I walked in the IL DMV and said "I have a 33 year old moped that I bought in IL with no title (that I know of). Make it legal. I will do whatever, pay any amount... just make it legal." Is this really not possible? If it's not, does anyone know why? Do I really have to go through all this bullshit? Please help.

-Man I sound whiny. I never did get it sorted out. JUST RIDE DIRTY DOODZ!

Steven Whitright /

still n00bin hella hard 6 years later

Steven Whitright (itmok) — May 30, 2008 08:49PM

Okay so when we were switching frames on my 79 Vespa Piaggio Grande we stripped the threads on the shaft where the frame attaches to the front steering/handlebars/tire/etc. I have no clue what to call the part. The forks are fine. the handlebars are fine. I just need to replace the stem where the threads are where the frame (with loose bearings on it) attaches to the front column. First off - what is this part called? Anyone know? Second - where can I get a replacement? Does anyone have one they can sell me? Thanks so much! The bike is literally ready to be put back together and this snag stops the whole process :( its my first one and I am super excited! THANKS!

P.S. the picture isn't mine, I don't have my camera with me, and it was the best illustration of the part that i could find online. The piece in question is the circled part - and the center big stem is what we screwed up.

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

On the lookout for Adam Babel's mopad!

"Same here I'm constantly watching mpls craigslist for mopeds. I'll keep an eye out. Is it the same color as the pic you posted? "

My first post was starting this thread in the members forum NIK YOU BITER!

Josh Besecker /

Oh man... i just looked at my first post... i shared Hollywood holt, "throw a kit" video, and got such shit for it. Good times... but guise, haz you seen it?!?! It hazz mowpedzzz in it!!!

ha people still do that, like its an uncovered gem haha. People also forget its actually another song just different lyrics. I forgot what the original is.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account