Fishing Pole Rack/Holder

So I'm looking to build a pole rack for my Moby. Has anyone built one or have any input to mounting one on the ped? I was thinking 2" pvc tubes latched to the side somehow.

Re: Fishing Pole Rack/Holder

i just got a dock demon 2ft long pole

that or my fish pen(yes i actually use one of those)

Haha.. That's rad. Unfortunately, I'm using light to med saltwater tackle cause we go fish the kelp beds off the coast. It's just that my usual 5 min drive has turned into 45mins cause of all the summer tourist coming into town.

Use a PVC rod holder and fasten it to the side of your bike and use a bungie cord to secure the pole. I'm in north Long Beach and have gone down to San Pedro and PV with a 7 1/2 and an 8 foot pole. Good bay bass fishing in Back bay.

after putting a board rack and a gun rack on my ped, i sort of ran out of room for rods and stuff.

true story, rode home straddling an 8' roll of carpet padding on my seat and over the bars, comfy.

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ /

right now im trying to come up with a rack for my 10ft kayak for my tomos

i tell ya it aint the easiest thing to strap on a ped

Go to bass pro or any boat store they make rod holders that you can mount on your wall in the garage. They are heavy duty and the one I got holds 4 poles. Then go smoke a bowl and stare at your moped until you come up with a way to mount it. I'm thinkin drill 2 holes on the side of the bike run a bolt through the rod holder then through a 2inch metal spacer and then a nut. It should stick out enough to clear your seat. You follow me?

Look at my profile and you can see that's what I did with my ammo box so I'm sure you can rig something up like that with a rod holder.

Thanks for the input. Went to Ace hardware and put this together for $9! Haha People were loving the site of this cruising down the road.

Fishing Rig.JPG

I would put a slot in the pipe to have a place to slide in the reel which would keep it from turning side to side

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account