1 of 25 made?

maxi on ebay

Looks like a nostalgia to me with some add ons. Where did this guy come up with the idea that only 25 were ever made? How many nostalgia maxis were produced anyhow? I've seen a lot more than 25. Also, is this guy on crack with that buy it now price....sheesh!

Re: 1 of 25 made?

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

I remember hearing somewhere it was about a 1000 of the Nostalgia.

He isn't out of his mind if someone pays it. Bike is pretty clean and could get bid up high if it was in tip top shape with all issues addressed.

Oh me oH My...Big bore Kit and parts easily found for the speedo, and I misplaced my front fender putting on my Biturbo, while in NJ.

Is that a wooden block between the bookrack and seat?

Trent Brooks /

Michael M Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is that a wooden block between the bookrack and

> seat?

>

> http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjEyWDg1NQ==/$(KGrHqFHJE

> QE--ClBKpiBP5U2b5,B!~~60_3.JPG

It looks like a plaque

Trent Brooks /

Better yet is the Lost Energy drink sticker on the shock. Do they even make that any more?

I really wish they were Surge (The fully loaded citrus soda with carbos) stickers. Someone should make an obnoxious ped themed like some snackfood/drink like all the crazy cars i see in my neighborhood.

(edited)

cheesy

Probably Fred /

I can guarantee that it's a time bomb- not timed correctly/tuned correctly and running stock gears with stock crank.

What gets me that some people actually end up buying these hi price molested big bore bikes.

I just got done changing a crank bushing, rekitting, retime, regearing, rejetting and correctly mounting the exhaust on a 1,100+ dollar dented tank, shot tires, no tail light, ripped seat warped rear wheel magnum MKll that had a poor case matched kstar 70cc e50 thrown on it

I do mean thrown on too . The "tomos" dude wanted a puch so bad he outbid everyone and he had to drive 200 somemiles to pick up the bike and ya they look a lot better in the eBay pictures

The bike still has much wrong ( snowflake bearings and cones are worn bad and don't have much life left, rear pads are almost shot and fender where light goes is rusted/gone, plastic switches are just taped, clutch needs tuned but now at least it starts, runs good and hits 43 mph over the 37 mph with take off bog when bought. With parts and labor he just spent another 270.00 and if I didn't do the work it would have been double price.

I tell ya moped prices are way up compared to a few years ago and if people keep buying e'm at hi price they will go higher

Again, a stock crank is not a time bomb if you run the correct oil ratio.

'76 PUCH MAXI, RARE - 1 of only 25 made!

That claim to fame has been invalidated by removing original equipment and installing aftermarket parts.

John Joedicke /

Come on Reb, you are spoiling his party. Rare my a$$, just another Puck!

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

I've heard of mountain men, mountaineers and mountains out of molehills, but I've never heard of or met a mountainess; maybe they only live up there in Prescott or way up there in Deezyland.

I imagine a shapely, wild haired female with firm thighs, holding an axe and girded in grizzly bear fur. Raquel Welch in 1 Million Years B.C comes to mind...

Dirty Dave Stone Wrote:

> Again, a stock crank is not a time bomb if you run

> the correct oil ratio.

It is when you have a kit and are hitting 9k + rpm.

Everyone here regurgitates the same figures over and over. I've never seen any proof that your bushings will fail if you run 50:1 or higher. I think that the main problem is people running synthetic and thinking that 100:1 is ok for their bike.

MaddMatt -Ruffians STL /

I sent him a message asking why he thought there were only 25 made and telling him it was a lie, he sent this response...

"Well, then you're calling a moped dealer who's been dealing in moped for over 50 years, a liar! How old are you? How long have you been selling mopeds for?"

Have we even had mopeds in the USA for 50 years?

lol @ "how long have you been selling mopeds for?"

"How long have you been ending your sentences with necessary prepositions at?"

MaddMatt -Ruffians STL /

I asked him in response why weren't they numbered like the magnum LTD if only 25 were made. His ebay user name is magnuman, and he has been selling mopeds for 50 years after all.

Maybe he assumes that since his shop only sold 25 of them, that only 25 were ever made.

Pablo Puchasso /

"Howdy! Thanks for your questions. My son and I had this appraised by a local dealer in town who's been dealing in mopeds for over 50 years and is extremely knowlegeable about all of the different brands. He has a huge collection of them himself, which date back to the 60's. He ran the serial # (8436296 - all matching) on this bike & told him that this was a special edition that was produced in 1976 that was painted in black with gold pinstriping on the frame, and red pinstriping on the black rims. He said only 25 were made in this particular paint configuration. It was built in Austria, shipped to Texas for distribution, and sold in Chino Valley, Az. to the first buyer. We purchased it from a bicycle mechanic who had it in storage for about the last 2 or 3 years, and we've owned it for about 8-10 months or so. He also said that my son would be "nuts" to accept anything less than $1800 on this bike. We have placed a "reserve" on this bike lower than that for a "quick" sale. My son still loves this bike, however, he's moving out of state and just can't transport it in the small trailer w/all the other stuff he has to move. I could probably get the dealer's name and phone # if you'd like but it may take a day or two to do that. I'm in no hurry to sell this. If it doesn't sell within this auction, I will probably re-list it at some point, in addition to listing it on other venues. Hope that info. helps,

Dave"

everyone click

buy it now

Wonder who the local dealer was? Also interesting is that I must already seen all 25 Nostalgias in my time fucking with bikes, what are the odds?

Trent Brooks /

Jesse Stephenson Wrote:

> Wonder who the local dealer was? Also interesting

> is that I must already seen all 25 Nostalgias in

> my time fucking with bikes, what are the odds?

Some how out of those 25 you have seen made their way to michigan to all the way from the west coast. The odds are getting even steeper. Mind blasting!

MaddMatt -Ruffians STL /

I had one in Missouri, if only I knew then how rare it was.

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Well damn!

Mine has got to be worth at least $2000, then.

Bikes 5-24-12 016.JPG

MaddMatt -Ruffians STL /

That is not a nostalgia.

Damn. I got a steal on mine! $150 for a bike that apparently sells at overly priced magnum pricing! Sweet!

Dirty Dave Stone Wrote:

> Everyone here regurgitates the same figures over

> and over. I've never seen any proof that your

> bushings will fail if you run 50:1 or higher. I

> think that the main problem is people running

> synthetic and thinking that 100:1 is ok for their

> bike.

My group of riders has had 3 THREE stock crankshafts seize when running kits. We always run 50:1 with quality oil, but the big end just can't handle it.

Probably Fred /

Ya in my 30 someyears of mopeds I saw dozens of bad crank bushings on stock let alone kitted bikes. This summer I replaced/finish reamed a few bikes crank bushings.

If the bushing is mint or replaced you can run a small kit /low rpm setup but that is it. Dave your silly and you give poor advice on these forums

Does the IRS know he has been dealing mopeds for 50 years?

Anyhow it looks like it wont be selling any time soon...

0 bids on $500 - Time left: 2h 44m Buy It Now $1,750.00

-MaddMatt - Wrote:

> I sent him a message asking why he thought there

> were only 25 made and telling him it was a lie, he

> sent this response...

>

> "Well, then you're calling a moped dealer who's

> been dealing in moped for over 50 years, a liar!

> How old are you? How long have you been selling

> mopeds for?"

>

> Have we even had mopeds in the USA for 50 years?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account