General Lee Colors

Got the 103 down to bare metal. Doing a General Lee paint scheme. What color spray paint you think will be the closest to the orange?

Re: General Lee Colors

Duplicolor makes spray paint in chrysler "hemi orange", which ironically isn't the exact color of the tv cars but should be close enough.

go to a graffiti supply site. 33third.com has a huge selection and pretty good prices. oinkartltd.com has a smaller selection so more hit or miss but is slightly cheaper sometimes. There are others as well but these have also been good for me.

Paint comes in low pressure and high pressure, this means the speed at which the paint flows, obviously low pressure will be better for your uses. This allows you to move slower and steadier for perfect coverage in one pass without dripping. The paint is also literally about 500x better than anything you will get without ordering it or going to a specialty graff supply store, which can be hard because i know i only have 1 in all of connecticut.

long story short, buy incredible quality paint and have about 2000 colors to choose from.

OH YA!!! order a couple spray caps, NY fat are most universal can wise and also should provide a good spray pattern. if you have any questions about "will this cap fit this can i found?" or anything else let me know

i cant wait to get my 50v all squared away and put some outrageous paint on it!

The actual color of the majority of the early general lee cars was called Flame Red and is a corvette color if I remember correctly. Researched for a dodge van project that I never got around to painting.

I think Matt's right. I painted this flame red, i wanted it to look like the orange harley uses on like the 883R but is hella close to the general lee.

orange maxi.jpg

Michael Dreamboat /

How much of a pain in the ass do you think it would be for a newb to take his moped apart to paint the frame?

Thanks guys for the responses. Im looking today for either flame red or hemi orange. both are similar in color. probably going to get which ever one i find first.

This was the first time taking mine down. Wasn't too hard if you are somewhat mechanically inclined. just remember whatever you take off the frame, put the bolts and other parts back together like it would be on the frame, that way when it comes back to putting it together, it won't be as difficult. I was lucky enough to leave all the wiring together and in the same spot. Good luck.

sherwin williams automotive can match any color you want in rattle can, $14 ea.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account