Maxi with a side stand?

I'm building a free spirit frame that came with a maxi swing arm. Is it possible to mount a left side, side stand on the maxi swing arm without using the robot swing arm?

Re: Maxi with a side stand?

Jeremy Sharp /

Bump

Jeremy Sharp /

one more bump, for good measure. then i'll drop it.

SkUG SkUGosarus /

Have you found a side stand that'll fit? if so theres your answer...

Jeremy Sharp /

That's what I'm asking. Is there one that will fit on the left side of the maxi swing arm.

SkUG SkUGosarus /

jesus - first result on google..

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-short-black-side-kickstand-p/sidestand-all-black-short.htm

sheesh mun - learn how to internets

besides... why would you want a single side mount? be arkward to pedal to start on the stand... will blow over in the wind etc (edited)

Jeremy Sharp /

Sheesh mun...... read my FIRST POST. I need a left side, NOT A RIGHT SIDE.

My motor isn't pedal start, a side stand on the left side is exactly what I need, but it's looking like i'll have to modify a right side one to work on the left.

thanks for trying to help, but next time, don't try to make someone feel like an idiot, and if you do, make sure you're actually correct. In this case, you weren't.

good job now you both look like assholes

Jeremy Sharp /

sorry. i asked a question, and got two nonsense answers from someone who told me to "learn how to internets". Calling him out on it makes me an asshole?

fine.

can we move on now?

Andrew Squiggman /

Cinder block

SkUG SkUGosarus /

Why cant you mount on the other side exactly?

SkUG SkUGosarus /

sorry i forgot about the kick start puch's! my mistake!

Jeremy Sharp /

I can't mount the side stand on the right side, because of the motor swap i'm doing. If this motor leans to the right, the carb floods.

I didn't mention the swap (and i'd like to not get too detailed about it) because I know you guys don't like motor swaps.

But if it's any consolation, the motor will still be 2 stroke, still old, and still air cooled. No chinese shit. That's all I'm prepared to say at this point.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account