Tomos Sprint Problems

Hey all, I was recently gifted a 2008 Tomos Sprint in great condition with only 600 miles on it. The issue is I can not get it to work. Does anyone know of some common problems these bikes have and what it would take to fix it?

Re: Tomos Sprint Problems

These bikes are pretty reliable. If it's been sitting for a while it won't hurt to drain the gas out of the tank and carburetor, and fill it up with some fresh fuel/oil mix. It wouldnt be a bad idea to clean out the carburetor while you're at it.

Is it pedal or kickstart? If its pedal start, you gotta kick the pedals backwards. I only say this because I've bought two tomos in the past that the sellers couldnt get to work...they were pedaling forward like on a bicycle. Feels good to take advantage of people's stupidity

Clean the carb, get a new plug check for spark, make sure your gas is on make sure you even have gas, peddle back and not forward if none of these small things work "sale it" for cheap and buy something that your more likely to understand......

I know it sounds stupid, but make sure the petcock is on and the killswitch is set to on. I almost bought a super cheap bike because of that.

Josh Koelker Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I know it sounds stupid, but make sure the petcock

> is on and the killswitch is set to on. I almost

> bought a super cheap bike because of that.

You aren't supposed to point those things out. Just notice them and have them try to start the bike...then get it for cheap. Go home a.d and tinker with it later.

he disappeared

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

^^^kinda like you did.

Downhill Harvey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ^^^kinda like you did.

Boom!

I sold a Tomos sprint to guy and he cursed me out saying that it only ran for minutes after the buy when he got home ...I had to walk him through on how to turn the fuel on . And it started right up ...

Yeah what they all said. Also I think if you search trouble shooting on this site under the wiki you will find something to get you started.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account