garelli question

so I'm looking at a garelli super sport xl to buy...believe it's about a 1980....it has the intake with the sharp angle instead of the curve...does this mean it's the slower moped? how difficult to find parts for these? thanks!

Re: garelli question

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

Yes and pretty easy. Best looking bike!

it does look great...but damn I don't want the slow one!! a slow super sport...eek

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

It's not really "slow". easy to perk up. Get it!

mopeds are slow duder, that's kinda the whole thing. If thats your main concern, its really easy to open up those intakes

the bendy intake is the same ID as the square one. They are both 12mm.

you can make yellow dots just as fast. my basically stock NOI yellow dot goes 30 easy

The Reverend Defecator /

Just buy it.

naa... I opted out. it was too incomplete and they weren't budging much off the 300 asking price for a "parts moped" ....plus, I want it to be completely stock and need it to be faster than 25 mph for traffic around here....doubt that'd happen with a yellow dot. thanks guys!

Patrick Keaton /

Do you know for a fact that it is a yellow dot ? What is incomplete about it ?What is not stock about it ? If it is a yellow dot, it should be able to be made to go at least 26 mph.

" I opted out. it was too incomplete and they weren't budging much off the 300 asking price for a "parts moped"

grats for standing your ground, there will be others.

don't get hung up on one little (yellow) spot on a moped, more to the story then that.

not certain, no....the frame was in original condition.... missing headlight, speedometer, air filter cover, muffler (header was there though), transmission cover and magneto cover. I know I could get all those things and ride it, but they were asking 300 dollars for basically a parts bike and seemed quite insulted when I offered 100 and said that was generous....soooooo the search contintues.

Patrick Keaton /
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account