moped hell

Christian Levi /

I just landed in Italy. And the previous times I've been here, I never payed attention to the peds... because I wasn't such an enthusiast at the time. But now, looking around, seeing throngs of the ugliest, shoddiest, worasdpasdg;aslkre;lrjs mopeds of all time, I feel like I'm in MOPED HELLLLL... I'd say in 10 hours I've seen 3000 mopeds, not a single badass one.

On the upside, it's nice to see cars giving mopeds the right away and them being treated like kings!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!

Any pizza-eaters on this forum?

Re: moped hell

Ed - Dead Possums /

At least they're mopeds. I'm in Korea now and all I see is scooters. I've seen 2 mopeds in the last month, 1 was wrecked, 1 was full of spider webs.

Tons of vespa's? Moped heaven.

Over there they are legit transport, not hop-up toys. Take pics!

Christian Levi /

haha I should've clarified - 90% scooters, 10% moped beaters.

Pictures to come, prepare that gag reflex...

I would imagine that most of the 1970s and 1980s mopeds were driven into the ground in Italy, hence not being many left on the road. I guess we are lucky because most of ours were driven for a time, and then stashed away for 20-30 years, so they still have some life in them. Also, depending on where you are in Italy, alot of non-variated, non-kitted mopeds would have had a helluva time making it up those hills.

Christian Levi /

You couldn't be more right. I basically came to the same assumption... I mean honestly, 30 years of being my every day vehicle... and that shit would be in 20 pieces --- OORRRR I'd be dead.

But that STILL doesn't make THIS easier to love...

doesn't seem any worse than living around a major university

Patrick Keaton /

Do not take pictures of scooters. Take a picture of every moped you see.

Jerry Franek /

I bet you don't see any mopeds at all! I travelled all over Spain two years ago and saw zero peds. Saw none in Mexico, none in many Carib islands, none in Bali, Bangkok, or Singapore or on the streets of Warsaw, Kracow, Rome or Budapest, over the years. And I was looking for one. The world rides 125cc Jap cycles.

I've spent a little time in spain and most people ride scooters. My cousin over there says the "ped dood" kinda people over there ride supermotos and ysr/gpr type bikes

I went on a summer trip to Spain back in the 90's, when I check out my old pics I turns out I was in Derbi Heaven. They would just be lined up like 50 on a block!

spork Guarnierius /

Scooters are a dime a dozen over there and only a few are actually done up, most are stock and boring. You will still see a few no-peds (mostly morini engined) and even some old genuine mopeds (lots of vespa/piaggio but also some frenchies) but they are few and far in between. Most of the actual peds that I see over there are older models that were beat to hell but were still being used and quite a few even had performance parts like expansion chambers, big carbs, etc. I never really saw a custom ped like you see being done over here but they are seen more as transportation over there instead of a lifestyle accessory. You just have to look beyond the scooters and you will see more real mopeds on the street there than in most places in the US.

definitely need more jawas

SkUG SkUGosarus /

scooter scooter scooter... wheres all these mopeds you speak of?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

cuz a derbi moped could be a reliably daily driver

im almost approaching a full year of 5-6 days a week of daily driver useage

Ed - Dead Possums /

Here is 1 of 2 mopeds I've seen in Korea in the last month I've been here...

IMG_1884.JPG

SkUG SkUGosarus /

those forks look abit askew (seen what happens when you type "askew" into google?)

SkUG SkUGosarus /

...works better when you do it, i know what it does!

askew hah

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account