Newbie Sachs Questions...

Amanda Peers /

So I started cleaning my '78 Sachs Balboa (505/1C engine) but I have a few questions. I dismantled the engine from the frame to clean everything, but then realized there were wires going into the engine...how the hell do i disconnect the wires and cables to everything so that i can thoroughly clean the engine and cylinder? I cleaned the carb no problem, but i want the rest of my moped to look all sparkly and clean. Also the cylinder looks so nasty and dingy, I tried using some degreaser on it but it didn't seem to do much. Does it just take a lot of scrubbing to get all the gunk and dirt off it?

Also, i was a dummy and forgot to note which way the screws go to mount the engine to the frame. I'm guessing the screw head should be on the side with the magneto generator? Or maybe it doesn't matter all that much?

Also how do i get the pin out of the brake rod? I'm sure these are all super simple questions, this is just the first time I've ever worked on anything like this before. Thanks for the help guys!

Re: Newbie Sachs Questions...

You may find this helpful.http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Sachs_manuals

You will also get a better response if you post in the Repair Forums.

Use the WIKI it will be much less condescending

Amanda Peers /

Sorry, I re-posted in the repair forum. I appreciate links to the manuals, but I have all those and have examined them to figure out how the hell everything connects or disconnects rather. Can't really make out the blurry numbers and scanned manuals enough to figure it out. Thanks anyway though guys

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account