cdi or points?? that is the question

just wanting some imput on what you prefer cdi or points?

Re: cdi or points?? that is the question

Jared Dailey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> just wanting some imput on what you prefer cdi or

> points?

On a stock setup or slightly modified setup I prefer points. If I had a really high RPM setup then CDI.

well im ordering malossi cases and a new malossi kit problably 70cc and high performance pipe so i should go for cdi?

I prefer points. Can always just leave the old school electronics on and replace it if they are problematic, which is cheaper then getting a new CDI setup and having problems and going back to points.

Overpriced Parts /

A seize prone kit or hi rpm setup needs a ignition with a curve

Stock cylinder or kstar type kit with circuit /Estroil type pipe points or flat cdi is ok

I always pick ignitions that have curves. i have 2 tomos and 2 mobys and they all have CDI.

if you know what your doing, points are cheaper and easier to hook up to a wiring harness. But getting them setup properly can be challenging.

CDIs dont require maintenance but do require slightly more complicated wiring.

ive set points many times and ive never had any problems with CDI. However, its worth noting my EXP is only with stock Tomos(points or cdi) and Moby (MKB CDI, ZOMG i hate the stock moby ignition)

Edward Richardson /

The low cost CDI is prone to failure at inopportune moments. Name brand will be better.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

old guy likes points If properly set up I have never experienced float at high rpm, and they are reliable unlike the china shit electronics they sell today

Points are sometimes temperamental. But from my personal experience I prefer points over cdi. I started off with cdi on my k-star 70cc Puch build and switched back to points and she runs way better on the points.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account