Easy picture posting on Craigslist

Jerry Franek /

Why's it so simple to do on CL without using a image hosting site?

I bet we'd have tons more pics here if we could just post from desktop.

Maybe the server would cost Simon more?

Re: Easy picture posting on Craigslist

Patrick Keaton /

Just click on Attach a file, and then click Browse, to select from your pictures and documents, that you want to post from your desktop.

Wow

Jerry Franek /

Resize to 2MB max. Attached, not in body then.

P1000855.jpg

big boobs

giant_tits.jpg

Overpriced Parts /

I can't post pictures from my I phone without using a site

Yeah it would be better, but then how would we fuck with noobs?

Ken Roff Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I can't post pictures from my I phone without

> using a site

Get a better phone then

Overpriced Parts /

The only phone better then a iPhone 4s is not made yet when they make the iPhone 5 then it will be better

I just don't like to upload to a site.

Pictures for are easier to email to a laptop then post

Isn't that made by Apple though? Yuck!

there is madness in here.

Mars™   Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I can't post pictures from my I phone without

> > using a site

>

> Get a better phone then

I've had no problems posting pictures with any of my Android phones.

IMAG0015.jpg

Jerry Franek /

OK, let me try to be more clear. I'm on a Mac, don't use phone pics. To post a pic in a message you must first upload pic to a hosting site and then figure out how to insert a link to it so that it appears in the message body rather than as an attachment. Although Linda's Wiki explains this well I still struggle with it. And it's a lot of mouse clicks. I know I'm not the only cripple here.

Posting an ad on CL with pics requires just a choose option off the pics you've got on your machine. No hosting interface.

!http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy197/hamleteagle/P1040184.jpg!

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

jerry i think the solution here is with the last update change the pic posting went from exclamation marks before and after the pic address to [ img ] (image address) [ /img ] without the spaces around the img. it will insert the correct image coding for you if you click the icon of the mountains right above the message box here ^ (the fourth icon in)

the second thing is that while you're writing your message, you'll see a clickable "Attach a file" link right above the "Post message" button. when you click that, it will open a menu to 'choose a file' from your computer (or phone). once it is selected in the pop up window, click "attach" and it will load the photo. attach another file one at a time if you have multiple.

once your pictures are attached, hit "Post message" and the clickable links will appear when viewing the original message regularly. as a demo i put a pic of the taco camino in action, and the bar i just bought in lancaster. its a two part process but i'll put the second part in a second message because that's what you have to do to post like you want.

camino wise haven.jpg
Screen shot 2012-02-06 at 10.46.11 PM.png

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

now that the post is up, the pictures are hosted by mopedarmy.com. right-click the link for the picture under "Attachments" at the bottom of the screen and select "Copy Link Address". now click the fourth icon in (of the mountain pic above the message box ^) and a window will pop up. not sure on a mac, but use the paste command to put the link address in the pop up box. not sure if you have right clicking either now that i think about it... but copy and paste the link address however macs do that.

Jerry Franek /

Jerry Franek /

Thanks Rob. Keeerist!, what, you have to make two posts? One to get the photo uploaded and create a post with a clickable link. Then make another post with the photo embedded in the message body? That can't be right.

(Yeah, you can "right click" on a Mac, except Steve Jobs felt mice shouldn't have buttons, so it's called an "alternate click". )

Nah, you don't have to post twice. Rob explained a way that would work for people like yourself that want to upload a picture straight from their computer. Most of us that post pictures have them hosted somewhere else online. If you don't want to do that, you can still do what rob told you, but right after making the first post with your uploaded image file, click "edit" and then use the mountain icon to post your picture that is now hosted on MA.

Jerry Franek /

Shitfire, Nick, that won't work for me. No url for pic off the desktop. Safari just hangs up asking for it, have to force quit to get out.

Damn it's worse than working on Mobys.

Overpriced Parts /

Ya Safari does sucks.

I can post other peoples pictures and videos but I want to take a picture with my iPhone and just post it without uploading it to a site first

i like rusty spoons

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I bet you do,

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account