Re: daily runners, how much mileage?

Eric P /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I just checked. I've put 1331 miles on my favorite daily driver so far this month. Back and forth to work every day, to the store and back, to the gym, fishing trips, you name it. Last month was around 1000 or so.

I have a Gila Puch and I blast everywhere because I live in the middle of nowhere.

Starting in the beginning of may, my failures are:

1 fouled plug -Still breaking in my new cylinder.

1 blown clutch/grooved bell

1 blown condenser -Don't buy effe condensers. It blew in 7 miles.

1 blown exhaust gasket -Caught that immediately after exhaust nuts vibrated loose.

2 lost engine bolts -Must have rattled loose. Loctite all the things!

1 broken fork -Popped the welds on the lower triple tree when I hit a bump in the road. Rewelded it no prob.

1 destroyed small end bearing resulting in a scored cylinder -Ouch! Luckily gilas are now available.

Not bad for riding everywhere over 2 months. I would've probably have been better off if I rode conservatively or rode a stock bike, but where's the fun in that? Actually I think they were all kit related failures except for the condenser. Go Bosch or you won't get home.

On a daily driver, Loctite is your best friend.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account