Re: daily runners, how much mileage?

Aaron Miller /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Mileage is a funny thing if you ask me. I have had several bikes you could ride thousands of miles, without servicing at all, and then several you couldn't get 10 miles on without any issues. For the most part, once you get the bike "set" which you have if you went 1000 miles in a week. You should find that you will get many more miles than the suggested maintenence intervals. I would keep a spare motor laying around if you are counting on this thing getting you to work.. On a side note, My roomate rides a cheap chinese scooter 50 miles/day to work. It has 14,000 miles on it. it is stock and running fine.

but long story short, yea, you are going to do more maintenence. wheel greasings, brake pads, exhaust build-up, and belt wear will plague you. But once you tighten everything down a couple of times it won't rattle off again. You shouldn't have ANY carb issues, they like being run all the time. Belt tension is extremely important for you. and try to use your brakes fully or not at all. the slide to a stop style of braking will have your pads glazed in no time.

Good luck to you sir. I definitely have put 5000-6000 miles on a kinetic tfr in one summer. I think I only had 1 break down issue. but hardly any maintnence. after it was all set in place.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account