A good cell phone application for speed stats? Anyone know of one?

So i go through tons of mopeds and scooters a year and I really have trouble keeping them straight.

Some stick out in my mind as very fast or nimble or quick or whatever.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good cell phone application out there to give me, A) top speed, 0-30, 30-0, etc and B) catalog, organize, and store this information.

I am thinking for tuning purposes such a program would be invaluable.

Right now I just have a little "course" I do in an industrial park with a stop watch which is kind of basic. If I put on a new part or change some tuning i do before/after runs. Since it is a pretty good representation of what daily driving is like, ( hair pin turns, long straight aways, hills, an optional stop sign, turkeys and deer jumping out randomly, but no car traffic) I feel like when I shave seconds off there it will translate to real world speed improvements but it would be nice to have some info beyond a stop watch time, speedo glances, and the butt dyno.

Anyone know of such a program?

i have an android cellular phone and it has GPS and all that.

Re: A good cell phone application for speed stats? Anyone know of one?

I use UlysseSpeedometer. It's pretty handy, and does most of what you're asking for, other than cataloging.

Screenshot, sorry its sideways.

If you have a software to create a .GPX file you can put it into this. http://utrack.crempa.net/

It'll give you something like this.

That's awesome.

HA 0-30 and 30-0, what a mopeders dream app. funny. i see the uses in keeping track and documenting how fast each moped is, i used speedview for android, no logging/storage/cataloging type feature, but it will do 0-60mph and 1/4mile time, i forget which other i had that did 1/8miles.

Daniel Skorupka /

It will REALLY put you in the mood for a tinfoil hat but the best out there is bike trace.

It measures top speed, average speed, time of departure, time of arrival, difference in altitude, and your path you traveled to within a few meters which it then matches up to google maps.

you get to look at a nice red line overlayed on google maps of EXACTLY where you went, and when, and how fast. can overlay on road map or aerial photographs from google earth adding names of nearby businesses and residences with equal proficiency to google maps for desktop computers

Thank god this program doesn't have a run in the background mode.

How much you want to bet some govt spook is "giving away" a modded version

It is not available on google play; it is here: http://android.tsanchev.com/

I've been using Strava for cycling but I finally remembered to try it on the moped today and it's pretty decent to get the average and top speed easily. Of course it give you a map with starting and end point with elevation etc. You can upload all of your data to their site and it can export GPX.

Managed to clock 48.6mph in full tuck haha (edited)

-Brian- The Ruffians STL /

Daniel Skorupka Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It will REALLY put you in the mood for a tinfoil

> hat but the best out there is bike trace.

>

> It measures top speed, average speed, time of

> departure, time of arrival, difference in

> altitude, and your path you traveled to within a

> few meters which it then matches up to google

> maps.

>

> you get to look at a nice red line overlayed on

> google maps of EXACTLY where you went, and when,

> and how fast. can overlay on road map or aerial

> photographs from google earth adding names of

> nearby businesses and residences with equal

> proficiency to google maps for desktop computers

>

> Thank god this program doesn't have a run in the

> background mode.

>

> How much you want to bet some govt spook is

> "giving away" a modded version

> It is not available on google play; it is here:

> http://android.tsanchev.com/

This is exactly like My Tracks which is a straight up Google app but biketrace doesn't let you have any control of the settings and is metric only as least as far as I could tell. MyTracks lets you access your previous rides through the app too. Biketrace just saves some odd file with no instructions on how to use it outside of telling you that it saved a file straight to the sd card and not even organized into a folder. Am I missing something or is this nowhere near as good as My Tracks?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account