Moped Sprint A55 through massive puddle

I just took my moped through a massive puddle about a few feet deep and I'm worried about damage to the bike. It went through and I made it home but what should I do about cleaning or will I be ok?

I know rain is bad but I figured everything should be ok because after I went through the puddles it pretty much ran well.

Should I oil the heck out of everything so it doesn't rust?

Re: Moped Sprint A55 through massive puddle

"a few feet deep" eg. more then a couple?

AWESOME!

haha...ya...it was pretty awesome and it made it through but I was a little worried.

Jonny Appleseed /

the seat is only 26in high soooo i really doubt it was "several" feet, unless your moped is part submarine.

DAM Kevin Boyd /

no one said anything about it being "several" feet deep. only a few.

INTERNET WARRIOR OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonny Appleseed /

please define "few" then cause i'm pretty sure it means more then one and that indicates the puddle was at least 24in deep, 2in below the top of your seat. im sorry but im going to have to call bs on that one

DAM Kevin Boyd /

i've always known a few to be 3, and for some reason several is 7. i don't know what the numbers in between are called..but yeah. it don't matter mayne! puddles! fuck yeah!

sorry my point was not about the puddle. I think it was just over the foot rests. But will the bike be ok?

sorry to troll, too funny not to.

if the ped continued to run, all good.

brakes dry by themselves, sealed bearings too.

may be a little water in the airbox, but it points backwards, should be fine.

other then that, check tranny fluid for pink, doubt it was in the puddle long enough to suck any in.

do it again, do it again!

but film it this time.

You're probably good to go. I get caught in the rain on my Streetmate all the time, owing to the weather here. Rain crops up a lot this time of year. The boot around your plug must be okay, otherwise it would have died out right away. Wipe off the excess water and ride it like you stole it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account