My 2 Puch Magnum finds

So, I missed out on a Maxi last week and was really bummed because it was one city over, plus its a Puch.

Well, I have hating myself since then but then today came. I called out of work because we lost power and it was so friggin hot. I come back home and on Graigslist is 2 Puch Magnums, one running the other a "parts" bike. It was just posted 10min prior and I was like holy shit! Make a long story short I bought the 2 Magnums for $350! Moped karma???

P.S. they both are the XK models.

Re: My 2 Puch Magnum finds

not a Baron Asshole /

jerk lol

:(

Wow! That's the stuff [moped] dreams are made of! Good for you. Couldn't have scord a better deal. Years? 1979?

They are both 79's. The parts bike looks like somebody stripped all of the cosmetics off leaving pretty much a really poor mans cafe racer. I will post pics of it hopefully this weekend. I do need a throttle cable though for the runner. Now, the Express must go so I can make room.

Gonna have to change your name....

^All depends might keep the Honda. Here are the pictures of the bikes. Can anyone tell me why the gas line is not hooked up to the petcock but rather the 2 nipple studs (T'd together) coming from the back of the tank?

HPIM0545.JPG
HPIM0546.JPG

LOL. Bipolar magnum xk's

Michael Thomas /

My guess would be that the petcock leaked or stopped working and they hooked it up to the nipples instead of buying a new petcock.

But, what are the nipple studs for if you use the petcock? If nothing is attached then gas will come out, right? Or is the petcock used a junction for the 2 lines?

The parts bike is real ratty I know but I am guessing it had close to no miles on it as the tank is 99% clean along with engine (not 1 speck of carbon anywhere) and it still cranks. (edited)

ɯɐpɐ ʞunʞs /

Run a fuel line from one nipple to the other. It lets the fuel connect to both sides of the tank.

Patrick Keaton /

There is a good chance the petcock has a complete clog, and does not have any flow from it,and/or the petcock is in the off position.The parts bike need to be put out in the rain, and after the rain, use your fingernail to scrape that paint off. This might take many rains to do. You may also use Oops as well. There is a good chance you can save the stickers on the gas tank. Do not use anything abasive, not even steel wool.I have complete new old stock Puch Magnum headlights for sale and/or trade, if they are ever dug out from the stuff on top of them. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account