lost my circlip!

Salsa Salsa /

last night. shot out! when fixing my needle. had to limp home needless.

Re: lost my circlip!

Sucks man! That happened to me at a gas station once but it was noon-ish so after frantically searching on my knees I found it after about ten minuets. Was it a far walk?

i haaaate that shit. I learned after a 20 minute search not to adjust the needle over a gravel road

did you actually get it to fire without the needle or was it a walk home?

I was there and he was able to ride home. The thing still ripped up top but four stroked pretty bad in the low and mid range.

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

At least you didn't break your bearing cup and lose all your bearings. That would suck.

aka jesus clip?

next time cut a little circle out of a beer can and put a slit in it, the slit will slip over the needle notch and the spring will hold down on the can.

i have a carb that has been rocking that setup since like 2009 on 3 different bikes.

Haha I've dropped it before while tuning on the run. I had better be more careful.

Cool story bro !!

I have found them after hours of going somewhere else and then resuming the search, in loose leaves and soil in my backyard. Twice.

It helps to remember that it did not cease to exist, it is somewhere, Your original clip is still there very close to where you dropped it.

or if you are clumsy just get a pack from harbor freight and put a couple in your wallet.

Glad you made it home,

Salsa Salsa /

It shot out. It is so fucking small. Smaller than any other ones I have seen. Ill get a photo of it

Salsa Salsa /

its that small!

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

I found your circlip. Its right next to your sunglasses.

^ Ha!

A staple is the right thickness for the needle slot, go into a convenience store and ask the counter person for one staple to MacGuyver your bike. If you are in town you can usually find a staple or 763 of then in any telephone pole or other wood surface where people post handbills.

SkUG SkUGosarus /

you do realise im gonna have to go count those staples in that telephone pole now dont you Reb?

top tip :)

i loist mine a few times and the sweet thing was my piston found them for me... what a good friend .

Brad William /

"A staple is the right thickness for the needle slot, go into a convenience store and ask the counter person for one staple to MacGuyver your bike. If you are in town you can usually find a staple or 763 of then in any telephone pole or other wood surface where people post handbills. "

turns out that you had to limp home needlessly..... (edited)

yes i know how big they are, that is what i was referring to, just saying it is probably still there, but yes it is easy to limp home with a ghetto fix

Its been a day already - how many staples did you count?

Just making sure I did not miss one...

SkUG SkUGosarus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> you do realise im gonna have to go count those

> staples in that telephone pole now dont you Reb?

> top tip :)

SkUG SkUGosarus /

422... so far

I keep a small harddrive magnet stuck to all of my bikes for just this sort of emergency. Searching through leaves, grass, and gravel is much easier to do with one. It also comes in handy as a way to keep all the nuts, bolts, and such in one place while your working. As well, carry a sheet of plastic or a tarp in the tool box so you have a clean surface to sit on and do your repairs. It'll help keep small items from getting lost to begin with.

dumb ol clip.

the technique i use 'in the field' is to remove the clip by pushing it down on the pavement open side down (so the needle is parallel with the pavement) with my hand covering it so it cant go anywhere.

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

hahaha not funny for you, Im laughing at me. I did this in my yard and lost it/ I got scissors and gave my area where I was working a haircut... shorter and shorter till I found it , but it was found. good luck!!!

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

How do we know that that isn't a gigantic pair of sunglasses?

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

(Casserollers) Marty Kokes Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How do we know that that isn't a gigantic pair of

> sunglasses?

(edited)

BIGSUNGLASSESBABY.jpg

M∆®†Y Køk€š /

I have a spare if you need one maize, i lost mine in my motobecane so i ordered 2.

bummer of the summer

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account