treats shipping calculator, you crazy.

i ordered a new set of tires & tubes, some gaskets and carb parts... the order came to 81.97 before shipping.

ground- 15.50

priority box- 156 and change!!!

i chose ground of course, but has anyone else seen a gap in shipping like that? i know tires aren't cheap to ship, but holy freaking shitballs that's alot! usually priority is the second cheapest option...

Re: treats shipping calculator, you crazy.

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

It's cuz they go off flat rate boxes. So you would need like 5 boxes for all that stuff. I think.

no way. i got a jet, needle, and 3 exhaust gaskets. 2 tires, 2 tubes. the tires are the only thing that matters weight wise. it just seemed ludicrous to me. who in their right mind would pay +200% of their order just to ship it?

If it fits it ships, perhaps those tires don't fit in a standard box.

Generally, when shipping large items long distances UPS Ground is always your cheaper option, just have to wait a few more days.

Smaller items are significantly less with USPS because of not only the flat rate boxes, but they also have a lower starting price - since the cheapest UPS package you could possibly send to a residence is around $8, as the service includes the superior tracking and free $100 worth of insurance.

tires will do that. theyre really big

Overpriced Parts /

No every item you buy adds to the shipping amount regardless of box size. They use all kinds of boxes not just small, medium, and large flat rate.

For example I put a order of gaskets, a few jets parts that all would fit in a box smaller then a small flat rate box and the shipping was 7.40 which was fine I guess then I forgot I needed a spark plug so I added it the shipping jumped to over 10 bucks so I didn't order the plug. Each and every order the past year or so has been this way. Another order the shipping was 20 some bucks and it came in a medium flat rate box that cost 11 bucks.

They don't compute or check the rate by humans anymore or what I don't know but in the past shipping was fair now it's not .

I love them guys but ya shipping is higher then it use to be.

If you think it's too much they will give you a gift certificate but I think something needs to be done when you place the order so the shipping will be fair.

Rollo Tomassi /

My 1st order ever from treats was tires and a few little things. Shipping was insane, like $128. I was click happy with the mouse and misread that as the total, not the shipping. I got an email that treats was doing on a correction on shipping cost. I got a store credit back for $80.00, I was happy.

Salsa Salsa /

Tires cost so fucking much to ship!

I sold a tired in buy sell for like 10 bucks. To ship it it was like $20

https://www.treatland.tv/Articles.asp?ID=132

”As always with shipping calculators they are NOT perfect. Ours is housed in titanium in a bunker below the 'loin guarded around the clocko but it will still at times give you some bunk info. Its based purely on $ n # so if we can save ya some cash we will and you might see treats credits appear in your account, oh joy oh joy, like saturday everyday, 7 day weekend, that kinda feeling. The UPS rates will be right on always, but the USPS rates don't allow us to utilize flat rate technology. we'll do what we can.”

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

Enjoy your tires in two Weeks when they arrive. I cringe when ground is my best option:(

2 weeks, seriously? ! Those guys love me...I always get my stuff fast!

Overpriced Parts /

No Shelly he means 2 weeks because they're shipped ground ups

That is much slower then USPS

Patrick Keaton /

A guy sold me a New old stock Sears Allstate moped tire a few years back, and charged me about $8.50 to ship it through the United States Postal Service. The seller put it in what looks like a clear garbage bag.

I had this happen to me. Priority Mail on my package from treats was like 80$, whereas ground was like 20$. Ground got here in a week.

tires are big bud. and kinda heavy

Thompsons Mack /

I ship for a living and UPS is always faster than USPS, yall trippin

I got my tires in less than a week

Overpriced Parts /

Not from CA to OH with priority box

USPS wins . It only takes 2 days . UPS ground 5 days minimum, usually 6 days

Andrew Squiggman /

If you order tires through your local motorcycle shop, (I used the honda dealer), tires were as cheap, and shipping is free. they came in like 4 or 5 days

"They don't compute or check the rate by humans anymore or what I don't know but in the past shipping was fair now it's not ."

touche.

they estimate by item count too, i think 3 small items is the limit, add a "wafer thin" gasket and watch the shipping jump $4.

dollars count, and i've played with # of items too much to try to beat arbitrary increases.

tl;dr add items to your basket and watch shipping price on each, then point it out to david or rodney if it's unfair.

results may vary.

in their defense, they've done tons to keep my costs down, they won't micromanage every order, you need to.

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Fold the tires in half and stuff them into a standard size box.

Jeez...

Thompsons Mack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I ship for a living and UPS is always faster than

> USPS, yall trippin

You mad...

Overpriced Parts /

I know Glenn My last order I had in the moped basket I canceled it cause of bullpucky shipping charges like almost 4 more bucks for 2 bushings I added at the end. I used to use them as one stop shopping but it's costing too much now. So now things like plugs, oil, cables, fuel filters/lines, k&n air filters and other common parts I'm gonna have to get at the motorcycle shop, local moped shop or summit racing by me. Some things like k&n filters are way cheeper at summit racing anyway.

Just copped a k&n filter, wire guard for a maxi, big piece of gasket paper and an e50 clutch cable. 15 dollar usps shipping. Baaaaaah.

SkUG SkUGosarus /

jmpb sent me some tyres... in a box I could have fitted a fridge in! postage was cheap enuff though

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account