where can i buy a....

Piaggio ape...Ive always wanted a sick, covered moped for those cold nights. Maybe even deliver pizza out of it. Anyone have any leads...

Re: where can i buy a....

get lucky on ebay or have one imported. i think emmanuel bee snagged one there are some around. not a moped.

technically it's an autorickshaw

so if you search around for other brands of autorickshaw you might get lucky

Swoop. Thanks for the help. "Autorickshaw". If they are under the 50cc limit, could they be registered the same way? I'd imagine they required a legit plate of sorts

(Casserollers) Brian /

A Vespa shop here in Savannah has one that they park out front to attract hipsters and tourist. (Side note: don't even bother asking the girl at the counter for any sort of generic part you dont feel like ordering online because you'll just get some bs how "vespa cable housings [or whatever] are specifically engineered for vespa parts and wont work on a moped... do you want a vespa key chain instead?") A buddy of mine was asking if he could rent it for the day and just got laughed at so I'm guessing it's not for sale.

Sorry for the terrible pic but its the best one I could find online...

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

There's about 20 different types of covered or enclosed scooters from this importer. I think they're the ones responsible for bring us such classics as the lazer sst and counterfeit whizzer parts. A few dealers stateside have them in stock. West coast is the best area to look.

Edit: I've seen one of these (below), or one just like it, on the streets of Tucson

(edited)

You'll have to fight the American Pickers for one if you find it. They seem to think the Ape is worth its weight in gold.

Kyle @ Kylie's scooter shop in Dallas Texas has one, maybe 2 for sale

It's always been a dream of mine to fight both the American Pickers in a handicapped match. Has anyone ever built any kind of bootleg enclosure system?

Stay with the Euor versions, those new China ones are shitboxes. I rented one in Newport RI and they suck.

Maybe find a Honda Gyro delivery van?

SkUG SkUGosarus /

in the UK you can drive a trike on a driving license - no matter how big the cc! so if i put stabilisers on this 1500cc motorbike... hey presto! :D

You could look for a old Westcoaster mail truck, 3 wheels 3 speed. It's a Onan twin engine so not as simple as the Ape maybe...

There was a 1982 piaggio ape for sale 3 months ago in michigan. It needed a lot of restoration and they still wanted $2200 for it... American Pickers ruined prices on everything

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account