Trac Olympic

I just bought this bike and it ran great for about 1 week. Now it wont start at all. I have compression, We have spark, we have electric 6.2 volts.. I have sprayed fuel in the carb and under plug... nada.... whaat do I do next... and where do I get parts? Please help this is summer transportation for the kids to get back and forth to work and night time ride for me..... Im stumped and even had a small engine mechanic look at it... were dumbfounded.....Thanks... David

Re: Trac Olympic

Patrick Keaton /

Remove the exhaust, and then try to start it. If it starts, turn the engine off as soon as it starts, and clean the exhaust, if that is the problem. When you spray gas and oil mixture in the carb, and under the plug, and tighten it back down, open the throttle slightly when starting it. Is the spark jumping the gap of the spark plug ?Is the transmission full to the point where the screw is ?If you open that side screw, it should start to come out, if you slightly lean it.Have you tested the compression ? If so, what is the copression reading ?

thanks for the info.... I dont have the tools to test the compression. I dont have a manuel on the bike. Im going ste unseen... I had a friend who works on small engines look at it and he seemed to think the compression is fine. What kind of trans flluid should i use if i see that it is low? Thanks

Basics -

-Put the loose plug in the boot and lay it on the head, turn it over with the key + switch on and observe spark.

-If you have spark, and fuel, and compression it should run

-If no, then the flywheel may have moved due to a sudden stop or exhaust clogage.

Patrick Keaton /

The oil is SAE 20w/40. Here is the Service manual. http://mopedcentral.com/images/TracDaelimService.pdf You will need at least to have downloaded Adobe Reader 5.0 or 6.0 to view it.

Did you check your timing? Your stator may have been loose. You can have all the spark in the world but it wont do any good if it's not sparking at the right time.

how come none of the trac manuals have a wiring diagram?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account