fuel ratio ?

I'm using a ratio of 50-1 for my '75 batavus and when I look up how many ounces of oil to one callon of gas it say 2.56 oz. Do I need to be this exact? Or can I go with 3 oz or 2.5 oz? This is my daily rider & I need it to run smooth. Thank you for any help

Re: fuel ratio ?

2.5 is fine. buy a measuring shot glass

Yeah I use 2.6 every time. I just bought a cheap baby bottle they work great for measuring.

Brad Eadie /

Thanks guys. This site & forums is amazing

Matthew DG /

as is your question

There are pre-mix measuring cups if you get lazy

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005C5BCXC/

Brad Eadie /

I'll get a shot glass measure cup from a department store, but thanks buddy

John Warren IhazJawas /

ratio right cups $5 bucks at your local motorcycle shop

I usualy use a kitchen measuring cup, fill it with water to the correct ounce level, then fill a plastic cup with the measured water, mark off the cup, dry it, then fill it with 2 stroke thennnnnnn mix. Sounds a lot more complicated and time consuming than it really is. I suppose not the smarest way but it keeps my PACER SS going! ^_^

SkUG SkUGosarus /

I bought a measuring jug off ol ebay... the measurements on the side where 10% off!

(I used a scienctic measuring beaker I had laying about : great having a friend who works in trading standards/weights n measures department) - always best to double check the measurements especially if you've invested a few dollar in your moped!

NoISy BOyS KEV /

ratio right FTW. Make sure you get the cover with it though...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account