Just The Tip 3 - A 200 Mile Moped Pleasure Cruise

Facebook Event

Ride Route Map <-- Check this shit out.

Just The Tip 2 Pictures (2011)

Just The Tip 1 Pictures (2010)

What Is Just The Tip?

Just The Tip is a 200 mile round-trip endurance moped ride/mini-rally hosted by The Summerai, Green Bay's premier moped gang. We ride North from Green Bay, up one throbbing side of the beautiful Door Peninsula (Wisconsin's phallus), all the way to the very sensitive Tip where we get all wet, and then we cuddle back down the other side the following day. Along the way we take several swims in the crisp waters of Lake Michigan, eat tasty foods, pitch tents, crack open cheap beer and have a bonfire under the clear, starry skies of Door County and partake in all sorts of crazy hijinks. Like dead fish fights.

Should You Go?

Are you a fun-lovin', free-wheelin', easy-goin', non-stressin' son of a gun with a love of the wide open road? Just The Tip 3 will take patience, make no mistake about it. It will push you to your limits at times. You may develop anal hemorrhaging, you absolutely will not shower, you will poop in the woods, you will be starving at times, you may wake up and vomit in the woods. During JTT1 Christine killed a deer. With her moped. Which brings us to the next point: THIS TRIP WILL TEST YOUR BIKE. If you plan on coming then take some time to make sure your bike is in tip-top shape. We cannot stress this enough! This is not your typical moped rally where you spend maybe 35% of your time riding. This is an adventure. 200 MILES of adventure. We will spend 85% of our time ON OUR BIKES. Also, please bring a bike that is capable of 35mph. That is our average speed and it sucks to wait for people on such a long ride. Oh, and be prepared to carry your belongings on your bike.

Scared? Then scram! The rest of you strap on some gords and come with us. For good or bad you'll never forget it.

** For previous attendees: This will possibly be the most organized JTT yet. Which isn't saying much but theoretically you won't be so hungry at least and we'll make sure you don't wake up Sunday morning and have to drink more beer. **

** Other things of note: **

We party in Green Bay Friday night and then leave early Saturday morning. We go swimming several times Saturday and Sunday. Saturday night we camp out on a farm under the stars. Sunday we reach the tip. We'll get back to GB late on Sunday (9:00) so be aware of that. We can put people up Sunday night if needed.

Re: Just The Tip 3 - A 200 Mile Moped Pleasure Cruise

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

Waking up Sunday with nothing but beer to drink was the best part.

Everyone should go to this. The Summerai are good dudes and chicks. I hope I can make it back this year, damned work.

YAAAAY

the best thing i have ever done on mopeds.

- Summerai - Ben /

So come do the best thing again!

Maybe you're right Josh. The beer needs to be warmer though. That would really hit the spot.

Guys and girls, if you really really like riding your moped, don't mind getting dirty and enjoy camping then this is the rally for you. I may be biased but I honestly agree with Graham. This is unlike any other rally.

- Summerai - Ben /

Continuing from that other thread:

You can ride your motorcycle if you're a pussy... If you break down you're on your own. jk, The Summerai will be trading off driving the chase vehicle. Unless the breakdownee seems trustworthy, then they can drive the chase if they want. I'm not sure if we'll have any loaner bikes along atm. If you really want to ride, dubs to the Tip is all too possible. Here's how Clyde and I popped our Tip cherries:

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

sounds like great fun I must try and do this!!

- Summerai - Pwnerer /

Awwwwwww yeah. I'm glad this has been posted. Hope lots of people can join us on our epic adventure!

Well, I just bought a van and lost my job. I'll be there.

- Summerai - Ben /

Nice! Just don't light the field on fire again. No fireworks was the land owner's only request. He doesn't even know about that incident.

that poster is freacking fantastic! do you guys have a graphic designer in your ranks now?

i'm definitely going. the last couple days have been so hot it makes me want to be close to water i can jump in at any moment.

- Summerai - Ben /

Haha thanks Noel. The poster is a combined effort of my girlfriend and I. I made the poster and came up with the logo concept and she made the logo. I do web/graphic design and she does graphic.

That is awesome you're coming again! Get your ride situation sorted out this time.

Is that Sam Van Ryzin's face as the headlight?

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

Its the dude from twilight.

- Summerai - Drew /

Sams hotter.

Im thinking on coming to this, sounds like a great rally plan. regular rallies get boring after a while, lets ride naked.

- Summerai - Ben /

Come on up! You'll only slightly regret it. Riding naked is mandatory at JTT.

hands down the most fun i've had on a moped. its so intimate. there won't be anyone there with a tomos they think is fast asking you if you want to take it for a spin. just dirty mopeds getting pounded on country two-laners for miles and miles.

Salsa Salsa /

Nothing like racing one weekend and than trying to ride 200 miles the next weekend.

lance yer 'roids and nut up.

- Summerai - Drew /

Scouting for a nice abandon parking lot for racing. friday evening we race. Then party.

lambeau field is probably not a good choice for that. i heard security is pretty tight!

- Summerai - Drew /

Bahaha! Nice security camera angles also!

sir thaddeusforemen /

This or the MI rally. . . .decisions decisions. . .

- Summerai - Ben /

We don't take kindly to peeing on Lambeau Field.

I really wanna come to this

- Summerai - Corey Livieri /

There should be no debate on coming to this. It is a must. Best of the midwest.

- Summerai - Corey Livieri /

Tip Bump.

What's the low down for Friday?

- Summerai - Ben /

We'll get back to you on that. We're meeting tomorrow. I'd like to do a day and night ride Friday around GB. Better prepared than last year. Sounds like Drew wants to race. Then party.

I think the Honda could roll 200 miles breakdown free, but 32 mph max, would prob get left in the dust! Sounds like fun though. How do you all carry enough fuel for this?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account