HELP? Does anyone know what model1978

Rhonda Rogers-Knight /

I just bought this 1978 2 hp it does not have any model on it only a Vin# and HP info..

I think maybe the model might have been on chain guards?

I need to buy a few parts and don't know which one mine is .

Can anyone help? Please :)

Thanks Rhon

mypuchphoto.JPG
photo0565.jpg

Re: HELP? Does anyone know what model1978

Guessing its a puch motored bike.maxi,jc penney pinto, magnum?

how do i moped?

Re: HELP? With the Vin# is there a way to find out the model and which motor it has?

Rhonda Rogers-Knight /

Is it possible with the Vin # to find out all the details about the bike? So I can restore it to original?

Also If so how or where would I find that information?

Thanks for any info

mypuchphoto.JPG

† CH∆D † /

Tons of parts available. Search here & around.

you have a Puch Maxi. dime a dozen. everything you could ever need to restore it will be found in the buy/sell forum.

Patrick Keaton /

Does the VIN numbers on the VIN plate match the numbers on frame area under the seat and the numbers on the engine where the wirescome off the engine ? Maxi Sport had a sticker around the rear fender with Maxi Sport on it. Since it does not have that sticker, it makes me think it is a 1980 Maxi Luxe, but if the frame numbers matches the VIN plate numbers, that will not be right , since you stated the VIN plate is labled a 1978.Silver and the engine say 1980, everything else say 1978. The air filter has parts that go with it to make it a 2 HP, but those parts do not come with it that often when you get it, so basicaly there is only one air filter for it. If you get side covers, try not to get the one with the cut out spot for the coil, since that is for the 2 speed, but it will work, if you do get it.If you tell what parts you need , then you can be told what to get.

That bike does not appear to need very much restoration... but, generally speaking, engine parts will be labeled for an "e50" (which came on many frames), frame parts will be labeled under "maxi" and anything else will be pretty much universal. become good friends with the wiki maxi. you will notice that a lot of the differences are cosmetic...

dude, you just got puch'ed

vin searched

good old puch maxi.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account