Puch Korado Manet. Good? or Bad?

Michael Burke /

I am looking at buying a 1996 Puch Korado Manet that has 138 original miles it was hiding in a garage. I love Puch's and I have fixed up a ton of late 70's maxis and murrays... I am just not sure about these korado manets and wanted to know if anyone knows much about them...

Here is what I now:

It is pedal start

really good looking condition

Will the parts i usually use like bi turbo exhaust bing 15mm carb ect.. still work?

Re: Puch Korado Manet. Good? or Bad?

Overpriced Parts /

Angle exhaust port on the cylinder

Angled exhaust ports on those. The korado e50's have huge transfers which make them rip when paired with a good pipe and carb. I run mine with a vm20 and destroyer, tuned clutch and hitting 43 mph at 16x40 with decent pickup. Three bearing case and reverse cut teeth in the internal gearing are the only real cons, and not a lot of pipes to choose from without having to cut and weld.

Michael Burke /

That sounds awesome, could you post links to the exhaust and carb that you have? I would appreciate it. Thanks!!!

With this setup you have to do some fun cutting on the head, and a tiny bit of fin cutting on the cylinder.

Or make your own intake to shoot the carb sideways or backwards.

Michael Burke /

That looks awesome, I'll let you know if i get the bike, it seems great though! Thanks again, if you have any other advice for me let me know.

It's not a Puch. Manet (Related to Jawa) built the bike. The maxi type engine was licensed to manet by piaggio (Piaggio had acquired the puch moped line in the late 1980's). It was produced in Slovakia. Piaggio attempted to sell the Manet korado under the Puch name in Holland, but it wasn't very successful.

Michael Burke /

I appreciate the info, My main concern really is just that it is a puch engine. I love those things! Thanks again

If you go with this setup, match your your intake and exhaust ports. I'm running a 130 main jet, middle needle position, and 20 idle. Low end was dragging ass until I tuned my clutch. Take two of the korado clutch arms and install them on a two show plate with some stiff springs and a brace.

(photo credit and brace done by Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs)

or

Regardless of what kind of brace you use, you'll probably have to shave down the clutch plate posts a smidgen to keep the bolts from grinding against your clutch bell. Haven't tried the mlm brace so not sure if you need to grind with that one or not...

65cc hero kit mlm intake and pipe made for this kit and a 18mm mikuni equals good speed with lots o acceleration, really fun setup

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account