More info for Mass. riders going to NY this weekend print and save!

So the lack of plate issue is legally resolved with the document I posted a few days ago. Print that and save.

Now for the insurance issue. In NY a C class moped does not need insurance. If you bring a moped that is on the C list, then that becomes a moot point. Fortunately, the list is extensive, and completely wrong, allowing many mopeds that easily exceed 20.

I am going to pick from my fleet a moped that is on the list. This way not having insurance is also not an issue.

I have attached the list obtained directly from the NY DMV Technical Bureau in Albany. Print, pocket, and enjoy riding 100% legal with no plate or insurance in the Empire State!

As long as your home state has a reciprocity agreement with NY, these documents will work for you as well. Check with your local DMV.

Re: More info for Mass. riders going to NY this weekend print and save!

i love the dude from the technical bureau, he's great. i forget his name. Tom i think.

good work

Pretty cool. Good to have. Thanks!

Tom Noonan...good guy, very pleasant and helpful

yup..

buddy of mine works with him at the dmv

Did you read the list? Totally nuts!! Some of the fastest stock peds are listed as 19 or 20 mph!

i have a copy of the list (dont tell)

I hope that everyone prints it out. It is really strange, some of the fastest peds on it, some of the slowest that should be on it aren't!

Bump for rallydallydingdongs

how bout a link to that "lack of plate" document you are talking about

Nice work, Dave!

here's a link to the other thread for the "lack of plate" document

Remember this letter is for Massachusetts registrations, but is also useful for any no-plate state that has a reciprocity agreement with NY. Check with your local DMV or with the NY DMV General Counsel's office (contact info on the document) to see if your state has such aggreements.

Also if you are in a no insurance state, look for my other post with the NY C class moped list, and more than likely you have one on that list. NY does not require insurance on a C class moped. Keep that with you to show that yours complies because the list is huge and cops don't know it. I would also print the C class rules for said well trained police. it can be found on the NY DMV website.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account