Who runs flipped clubmans?

Thinking of running clubman bars upside down, like upright bars, on my maxi. Anybody else using them like this? Pics of them on your maxi? Hows the comfort level?

Re: Who runs flipped clubmans?

Kaj Niegmann /

I did. Feels fine, looks kinda funky. It's up to you anyways. But I have to say it is a lot more comfortable than them being down on a Maxi.

Parts 3.jpg

Kaj Niegmann /

Cables all over the place.

RestoredPuch.jpg

Hmm, hadn't considered the angle at which the cables come off the controls. Also thinking the pullback might be a bit extreme for upright bars. Probably just gonna run regular low rise bars if I can find a set I like.

By the way, that Maxi is clean as hell. Thanks for the pics!

WTF? Haven't you guys heard of knarps and shortening your cables?

those cables are too long. if they were trimmed it wouldnt look that weird.

this mofk runs flipped clubmans on his magnum, the magnum dash fills in the center section so they look pretty good. not that great of a picture of the bars but u get the idea.

Ed - Dead Possums /

I think they are awesome either way!

Ed - Dead Possums /

Inverted on the BAT

Who cares?

just get the flat ones. less to think about.

Ed - Dead Possums /

Don't listen to those fools. Get the clubmans and run em the way you want, much more comfortable than straight bars.

SkUG SkUGosarus /

Can someone tell me the diameter of these bars? (i've got the top yoke and the brackets & the m7 allen bolts, thought they where standard bicycle size... d'oh!)

Cheers (edited)

Ed - Dead Possums /

I've had 3 sets, all standard 7/8 inch.

If they are the black powder coated you may need to grind the coating off to get your throttle to work smoothly. Sometimes the coating is too thick. What are you mounting it on and/or what part are you having issues with?

John Joedicke /

MB5 Club bar

HPIM0850.jpg

I say go for it bro!!

I got mine from treats, also 1977 just restocked theirs....

sorry pic kinda sucks in the rebuild process

good luck

garelli.jpg

makes you look like a n00b

I don't care about being labeled a n00b, grom, etc. I'm not into mopeds to impress anybody, and the whole idea of elitism on an Internet forum based around mopeds makes me laugh. I just think they are fun to ride and work on, and I like customizing stuff to make it my own.

On that note, thanks for all the pics! Lotta good lookin bikes. Still not sold on flipped clubmans, but I may just pick up a set from treats and try 'em anyway.

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

never get tired of seeing rebel's bat. Love that thing

i like to customize things and make it look dumb

upright clubmans can look alright and may be more comfy,

but they are made & designed to be drops. mostly to mimic the style and stance of old GP racers and the cafe bikes that copied em.

I mean sure you can do whatever you want with them, but you couls also just get low rise bars if you want bars that have a rise...

Yeah I ran clubmans on my Honda cb450 for a while, but long rides were murder on my back and wrists. Switched back to the stock bars after a week or so.

Has anybody run These zundapp bars successfully on a puch? Like the style, not sure about those holes though.

Just get a clubman and fir it to the bike and get on her and see if you like the feel with them inverted, you can always flip them up after if you dont like the feel when you ride. I changed out the blocks n yokes holding on mine because inverted was a little too low for my liking, the extra inch higher made the difference.

That's an idea, what did you use to raise them? Looking at the top plate on my forks there is a depression/valley where the bars are supposed to sit. not sure how spacers would work.

Ed - Dead Possums /

Should have no problem with the zunndap bars. They are the same OD as every other bar.

Mitchell Taylor /

@rebelmoby, please most more pics of that sexy thang.

Jared Throne Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> makes you look like a n00b

God forbid.

>>>taykoff [s2m] /

Do it....check my profile for a pic o' clubmans upright I after spirit....angle isn't wierd at all.

Take Me Home Kev /

I rock low rise square type bars and I love them. Super comfy and I like the way they look. You could even flip them and you have square type clubmans.

Taykoff, your free spirit is rad! Love the color. Clubmans look good too, goes good with the tank.

Bugteeth, I saw those on treatland and thought they might look cool as well. I think I want to run one of These fairings, and I think they would look good behind it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account