Re: chicago title problems

Pizza the Hutt /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

elston dmv is way more chill. they dont seem quite as angry at everything there. The best recommendation I can give is what they told me over the phone. Find where is is written on the INdmv website that mopeds are not titled or registered and print it out. Or call the INdmv and ask them to fax email you a letter stating that they do not title/reg peds. They have the big law books, they just dont want to have to look through them... at least the dudes at elston will bother to help you at all...

for what it's worth I have heard that chicago is starting to make it much harder to do the whole "out of state bill of sale" registration... I actually got a letter from them some time after registering my ped saying that they shouldn't have registered it in the first place and that it was no longer valid until i had it bonded. bonding is like, for boats, rv's, and abandoned cars. I actually called one bonding service and they said they dont bond anything worth under $5,000. wtf

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account