a35 squeeze few mph out?

Chris Davis /

I have 2005 a35 tomos st

I have a techni gas next pipe. I'm running it basically stock right now, except I took the oil injection off.

I just want to be able to have 5 to 6 or more extra mph, but not lose a lot of low end and more important not lose much mpg.

any suggestions?

Re: a35 squeeze few mph out?

Port match

Intake. Delete the airbox.

Chris Davis /

I have the airbox off the dellortto 15:15 (which is basically none)

what mpg do you get with a airsal 64cc or a aluakit (or any) 70cc kit?

The basics to top out a stock a35 is pipe, air filter (or lack of air filter), and gearing. A hi comp head will help acceleration which allows you to gear more aggressively. Porting is also good but not a simple bolt on. All of this of course needs to be paired with the proper jet so you'll need to plug chop. A 49cc a35 can top out around 40. If your going to go up to a 64cc or 70cc its not necessary but recommended to upgrade the carb and intake. 14.12 is a fairly small for the stock bike let alone a kitted one. When talking about moped MPG is so incredibly high that no matter what you do wont change the fuel efficiency enough to worry about it. stock it does 100+ on a gallon of gas and you can expect roughly that after.

All this is in the wiki and other threads.

Chris Davis /

can I use a high compression head with a 50cc cylnder?

if I did that and changed to the techi gas next and put a 15 carb on it? What speed increase could I possibly see?

Treats has a 50cc Hi hi comp puch head (puch and tomos are interchangeable). I'm running it right now. Some people say it doesn't help a 50cc and I cant say for sure because I installed it with other parts, but I like to think it helped the acceleration and for 30 bucks it's worth a shot. A hi comp head will help your acceleration and mid range but doesn't do much for top speed but it does allow you to gear higher. A 27 front sprocket is easy and doesnt require modding. A Pipe will help. A sha 15 will be nice but a carb is only as big as it's intake. Always match or have a slightly larger intake. You can bore the stock intake to 15mm. You could probably top out in the high 30's to low 40's with all that.

I can't promise anything, This is just from personal experience and hours of searching lol (edited)

Don't forget to run 93 octane gas with the hi comp head. you can also use a wider gapped spark plug.

Chris Davis /

isn't premium ethenol?

how do you bore out the offset intake? ( I refuse to use the straight one, I shouldn't have to loosen the back wheel, and practicaly take the motor off to work on the carb)

that would take some nerves to drill even with a press.

Premium is the 93. I mix premium to oil about 38:1 and it makes my a35 purr. Im not 100% sure. I plan to bore mine this weekend. But I do know it has of 2 straight sections. I plan to use a bench press to mill it out. Metric bits can be hard to find so here are some options for bits: 15mm, 19/32" (15.08 mm) or possibly 5/8" (15.88 mm). I am nervous, but anyone who has upgraded their intake has their old stock one laying around. I'm sure you could find one for cheap if you mess up.

This guy used a CNC mill.

(edited)

Chris Davis /

yeah I have two, one has the injector hole plugged with a bolt' and the one I use came off a sprint so it never had a injector hole. Guess I could practice with the other.

Btw are the jets the same for the dellortto 15 and 12:14?

Yup. Same jets.

Also if you go with a 50cc hi comp head, then upgrade to a 65cc kit, some say you can use that head on it. Though this is under debate. Supposedly it works well, but its not ideal. This is what I'm currently researching. Some say theres a chance of pinging. With a head gasket, it might work better...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account