My moped is fast!

Andrew Roy /

Is it wierd that my compleatly stock 76 maxi, that I just brought back to life(looked like a piece of garbage), hits about 39mph on the flats. Its just that I keep reading a bunch of posts about how 2hp maxi's are only hitting around 30. Just wondering.

Re: My moped is fast!

Probably Fred /

Video of gps run please.

And I had what I though was a stock 77 maxi that did 40 mph but when I pulled the cylinder it was a old school 50cc kit not stock

Yeah that's weird. Both my running bikes have stock 1.5 hp e50's, the good one hits 30 downhill.

No brag ~just fact ?~After all talk is cheap ! (edited)

Jason Pusher has a free spirit that blast 40'ish or more. All stock and crazy as fuck.

Hey Blumpter trolls should stay in OT and leave the real moped discussions to real people....from one troll to another trollololololololo

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

Hey Trevor,

Fuck you in the eye socket. Don is cool and the OT gang will fuck you up if your not careful you turd nugget.

Hey OP,

Yeah my speedo says I am going 35 when in actuality I am going about 30 so check that speed with a GPS or a pacer vehicle.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Moped speedos=joke they are all +or-10mph

When mine isn't jumping, it's pretty accurate. I have tested it against others. but yes, most speedos on cheapy mopeds are mainly for show.

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

The seller of my Cosmo, in her CL ad, stated that the bike did "about 40" or better.

She pointed to the numbers on the speedo where the needle points, just above the big letters KPH.

My stock 76 goes about 30 and with a good wind behind me, I might get 32 in flat Fort Lauderdale. Checked it with GPS. Speedo jumps a lot on both Maxis, So maybe it is weird.

Not all speedo's are bad. I have the 40mph puch speedo and I found one of the police radar traps they leave at the side of the road and did a few runs by. It was dead on until you pass 40 and it starts bouncing and pegs back at the 0

Probably Fred /

Ya my puch vdo speedos are dead on too

my 78 pinto speedo is so off that I have to be going "25 mph" to even start the damn thing. my clutch isn't even fully engaging and it says im doing 40, and yes it is in mph.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

you do get lucky and some are fairly accurate, but as a rule they are generous, the others are exceptions

My Free Spirit did 33 level (gps)when it was bone stock and I thought that was pretty damn good

My moped will blast your moped!

my mopeds run, thats all i really care about.

bicycle speedos are way more accurate and cheap...10 bucks at wally world

me? i like slow

Oh WOW a snappy opening line you have there for someone who has only 53 posts too his name !~^^^ I find myself wondering if you even have a Moped ?~@Trever Mckacken~

Andrew Squiggman /

⟴Funke Net Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> so check that speed

> with a GPS or a pacer vehicle.

My buddy has a totally stock TFR that will hit 38-39 on flat. It takes a year to get there, but whatever.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account