1975 Hercules p1 wiring

Shawn Barley /

I have looked for wiring diagram for my 75 Hercules but every were has the four wires coming out of the cdi but mine has black and yellow plus my spark plug wire, no coil, but it used to start, I'm resorting it.

Re: 1975 Hercules p1 wiring (pic)

Shawn Barley /

pic of the wires.

photo.JPG

Re: 1975 Hercules p1 wiring

You got an internal coil stator.

It's basically one of these

the black is for the kill switch, ground to kill

yellow is for lighting, probably 6V

and the spark plug wire is all that's left. everything points condensor ignition coil and HT coil are all internal under the flywheel.

makes it look clean but can be kindof a pain if it shits out.

also if it's ruined that treats one above will work.

Shawn Barley /

Will, thanks bud but the pic didn't come up.

My 1976 hercules p1 is the same 2 wires like yours and it is a barn find so stuff is missing ,i would like to find a complete wiring diagram for this 2 wire setup as some wires are missing any help would be appreciated.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

you can just ignore the blue wire and wire it just like the 3 wire setup on a puch.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

erp sorry with the exception of the brake sensors they are always off and the puchs are normally on, wire accordingly or replace sensors with N.o. ones

There is no blue wire,just black and yellow coming out of motor.

1950 Special Deluxe /

I know this is an old thread, but it is the closest thing to my problem that I can find. I have a 1976 Hercules moped that hasn’t run since before I got it.

I have the black and yellow wires coming out of the engine. They go to a 3 connector block that connects to 3 wires going to the headlight (1 of these 3 wires connects to taillight) In the headlight I have a headlight and a switch and then a small lever that seems to ground out. I am trying to confirm spark before I go much further down the rabbit hole. I have over 90 psi compression.

Any help on a wiring diagram or other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neil

2F9CD4D2-9877-47E2-A94B-9FA76A9DE907.jpeg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Westlake.gif
page1-800px-1977_Columbia_Commuter_Sachs.pdf.jpg

1950 Special Deluxe /

Mine is not that fancy.

Internal coil stator as mentioned above?

It has only the black and yellow wires coming out of engine.

Only has a headlight and a taillight, no brake lights or horn.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Easy peasy

Yellow is power out.

Black is ground.

Yellow into wiring block green yellow and grey out.

to brake .

headlight horn .

Running light .

The black goes to another wire block for grounds or strap the motor to frame (rubber mounts) and run ground to frame.

The problemo will be the replacement bulbs. 3w brake 2w running light 18w head all 6v.

It depends on your magneto.

It says what it puts out.

Multi coil Pug Cdi replacement.

Or figure an led workaround .

Old bike tire generator. charger for tail.

Black wire is ground and the yellow wire is 6 volts. Isolate the black wire to determine spark. My lighting coil is bad so I bought a small 6 volt battery that is attached to my cargo basket. I made my own wiring harness to supply power to the head and tail light. Works good for now. I have a blue 75 Moppet.

1950 Special Deluxe /

Here is a screenshot of a wiring diagram I found.

This what mine uses, very basic.

A989BDFA-AAC1-43A9-B575-B60336D341BF.jpeg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account