Getting Rid of that stock bing carb

Trent Stakelin /

My girlfriend has a 1980 Puch Maxi. Her bing carb is leaking. I have a Tomos Stock 1412 carb. I want to put the Tomos carb on her Puch Maxi. I already tried taking her carb off and putting the 1412 on, but the plastic piece wouldn't fit on the intake.

What do I need to successfully put the Tomos carb on the maxi?

I need to know the lengths, what I need & how exactly to go about doing it.

Re: Getting Rid of that stock bing carb

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

Take out the plastic shim. Duh. You'll need a o-ring to help seal it on to the intake.

the bing is better though. More tuning options.

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

Dont listen to that joker. You can tune that SHA with no trouble. Plus they look cleaner than Bings.

PHBG and never look back!

you could always adjust the float on the bing get a new gasket set and clean it...

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

Joshua,

Yeah I know the SHA can be tuned, obviously. But fussing around with the slide angle and emulsion holes and filters doesn't seem like something this guy would do right. Bings got a needle for easy mid throttle tuning.

--> Jason Kluczyk Presents: Jason Kluczyk /

mikuni and never look back!

but your bing is leaky cause your float needle is bad or the float is bad...,bings rule...if it's a stock bike, it's the bestest! also so awesome with polini! 50mph+ bing 15mm/polini 64cc

--> Jason Kluczyk Presents: Jason Kluczyk /

ship me your bing if you don't want it anymore!

peoples wants Bings

What you need to do this: a screwdriver and a brain.

Bings are good carbs. if its stock then the bing already has the proper jet and atomizer for the bike, i would just fix the bing. ther are aftermarket SHA intakes for puch E50s and ZA50s if you really have your heart set on swapping it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account