thunderdrome!

who's attending? who's racing?

Re: thunderdrome!

I might go depending on work, seriously who can miss the chance to see racing? that and White Castle in Howell can't be missed...

If I do go expect free rides from GR to the D and back(pit stop for White Castle on the way back), be spectate'n and buy'n merch...

$5 to spectate and you have to sign a waiver

I'll be in a crew shirt, have a tent in barter town, and a moped in the race... and a mower gang tractor on site

I'll prolly go but wont race...like last year.

Zacarias Aviles /

Where is it? I want tO go

I'll be there...as a spectator. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

i'm trying to find a ride out there so I can race my derbi, just a mere 10 hours from where I live in missouri...

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

Racing: Stock, Mod Stock, Pro Class. Maybe be a bit of a disadvantage at 240lbs vs. 140lb jockeys, but thats why i build faster bikes.

Anyone coming from out of town, and need last minute shop time or shit breaks....our shop is less than 10 minutes away and we have everything you need to get you back out on the track. Likely bringing welder to track along with truck full of tools.

Hit us up @

http://www.motorcityriot.com/

or on FB @ motor city riot

I'll be bringing my 2000 watt generator, not a lot of power, but it's silent and runs 9 hours on a gallon of gas

Go to race your bicycle, not a moped. Terrible unsafe track.

then dont come, more racing for us

is it unsafe... maybe

but that's part of the challenge.

Hey everyone! Andy from The Thunderdrome! here. We'd love to see all of you racing in a week - so much so that we've created the discount code SWARMANDDESTROY for this event only that'll score you 15% off all racer registrations.

Spectating is just $5 this year, but we'll have a full bar, afterparty rock show on-site on the track and you'll be automatically entered to win all sorts of crazy shit including a customized Origin 8 Brutus.

Tickets can be had at http://www.thunderdrome.com/dorais-velodrome-june/ as well as all the other related deets.

Hope to see ya there.

if i dont have to work ill be ther.

Make sure you have health insurance if you are going to spectate.

I would rip you a new one for being a douche in this thread, but its actually a good idea for everyone to have some form of at least catastrophic health insurance

No health ins... have to work till 6... see you at the after party!!

Also, this means your expert welder will not be in house at MCR's shop... so you better have your shit together before hand! ;)

a good chunk of the Zeros will be in attendance, is anyone staying there over night? we don't have a very far ride home but with the drinking going down is anyone camping out?

Andrew:

Sadly, due to all the equipment we'll have on-site and the liability we're responsible for this weekend, we can't have camping at the track this time around. The whole facility will be fenced in and secured with guards.

We're happy to find some couches for your team to crash on, thought. I've got a damn big apartment above a liquor store that'll sleep 20.

hmmm thanks for the offer, there are only like 4 of us so Ill let you know

I'm racing the track isn't that bad I'm sure all of you have gone faster over shittier roads in the past. I will race at every event they have there. I think it's a god cause it gives back to the track the community and the MOWER GANG. but yeah that place is great, this event should be rad, I so excited I can barely breathe, and also BARTERTOWN how rad is that.

i'm so mad i can't ever make it to these. i would race so fucking hard. probly seize, or come in last, or crash. but i would sooooo love it.

track surface is not so bad, this was shot yesterday by MCR opperatives

Andy. I am no lawyer, but how would your liability extend to non licensees in a public park ? If your liability inducing event ends at a specific time, what a private citizen chooses to do at a public park afterwards (camp) should not open your inc to liability. I think the greater liability concerns are the hoards of overserved at the open bar being ejected from a public park and forced to drive. Davidde, care to weigh in ?

I understand not "sanctioning" camping but unsanctioned camping ? That being said, thats a rough area....not exactly a campground

Cougarbait: If any of the following sounds curt, it's only because the language of the beast is short and unpleasant. And we've been stuck in liability hell for a month.

Our permit is Friday-Sunday to allow for setup on Friday, racing on Saturday and breakdown on Sunday. This means our liability is active for the duration. Furthermore, we'll have quite a lot of equipment on site both Friday and Saturday night; stuff we can have lost, stolen or broken like generator lights, towable generators and bars.

Also, beyond the letter of liability, anything bad happening at that park before, on, or after our weekend directly reflects on our organization and the communi at large. City politics and getting a permit next time is more subjective than you'd expect. That's why we need to hire two off-duty cops to guard the track before and after the race.

If you're interested in camping or coming from out of town, email me at andy@thunderdrome.com. We can either find a place to put you up or work something out on the grounds of the event. We want you to come to Detroit!

I was e-mailing you... and it kinda died... get back at me

I'm so pumped

Agreed on the "you don't want to camp outside in that part of town" sentiment. And city parks usually "close" at a certain time, even if there is no one there to enforce it.

Brad Pitt Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I understand not "sanctioning" camping but

> unsanctioned camping ? That being said, thats a

> rough area....not exactly a campground

whimps

and no dorais doesnt close, i've tested this

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account