Purchase this 5-star?

Below is the description for a general 5 star. I talked to him and he said that it would run with a new petcock and charge on the battery. I pasted the link that has some picks of the bike. I talked him down to 225 on the bike. Do you guys think its worth that? I'm going to look at it tomorrow. Any suggestions on what to look for?

Thanks

for sale is a old general five star moped. the moped is in great

condition and will run with a charge of a 6 volt charger. all the

plastic is in great condition and it is not cracked. the tank does not leak.

the tires are in ok condition but they are just bicycle tires. also has a new spark plug. NOT RUNNING.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/2998405699.html

Re: Purchase this 5-star?

John Warren IhazJawas /

i think 225 on a nice fixer is good as long as thats all thats wrong with it

Patrick Keaton /

You should go today. It might be sold Friday. If you do go Friday, get there early in the morning.

Matt Thurber /

I already talked with him and he is holding it for me. I just want to make sure I am getting a good deal. And if there are any red flags I should look for.

i'll bet someone is already 1/2 way there $250. you better hurry up

i'll bet someone is already 1/2 way there $250. you better hurry up

Patrick Keaton /

The red flag is to not put trust in a seller telling you that they will hold it for you.

this things in CT.....get it a go riding with me.

Matt Thurber /

where are you in CT?

total deal yea, not even a shitsachs

The red flag is posting it on here before its in your garage. Now he's going to have a bunch of people offering more money for it. $225 was a steal for that bike.

If I lived any were close I would have scooped it. $225 is a steal, even if you have to put some money into it. Generals are sweet.

It's worth mentioning that the condition of the battery doesn't make a difference starting the bike, it doesn't need to be charged. That being said, if you get the bike leave the dead battery in until you get a new one/delete the turn signals since it'll be a little helpful as a voltage regulator.

Matt Thurber /

If what he says is wrong with it is true. Do you think it should run?

GO GET IT!

Patrick Keaton /

Bring an external gas tank with a long fuel line, gas and oil mixture, and a 6 volt charger. I do not think the charger will do any good, except make the seller happy to see that there idea is being used in the starting of it. The carb might need to be cleaned. If you bring all of this and hook it up, and it does not run, you might get it for lower price. You might have to clean the carb to get it to run. It should run, if, what the seller stated is true. Breaker points are another problem that could make it not run. The breaker points need to be cleaned sometimes when the moped has not been started for a long time.

Matt Thurber /

I have a 6-volt charger. What do you mean by an external gas tank with a fuel line? How would that work?

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

I'd give him the $225 and fix it later. That's a deal.

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

Jake P Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i'll bet someone is already 1/2 way there $250.

> you better hurry up

Patrick Keaton /

Here is a link with some home made external gas tank hooked to the carb and hooked on to the handlebars. This might get you to understand by seeing this. https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,3072513,3082902#msg-3082902

Matt Thurber /

Will the petcock mean it wont get fuel through the current tank?

who cares what the fuck everyone else thinks... DO YOU think 225$ is worth it? if so than buy it, if not, let someone else... Not that complicated...

Patrick Keaton /

The petcock has a clog and/or leaks is why gas and oil mixture can not be put in the gas tank at this time, without it leaking out and/or the clog prevents the gas and oil mixture from exiting the gas tank.

Swoopid Woody /

thinking about how you are stalling on scooping this up is pissing me off

Fuck I've been wanting a v1 5 star for years. I wish that shit was closer (and that the a/c for my house didn't go out today..).

Matt Thurber /

Bought, I'm picking it up tonight.

John Warren IhazJawas /

most important question....does it have the key to the tank?

Well, how was the first ride?

I bet he has no idea what to do with it now that he has it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account