New here

Joshua Luboda /

Hey guys, new here, finally got my own first moped after riding other peoples stuff for months. I do some work at Hill City Moped here in Worcester so I'm becoming more familiar with everything.

Its a Puch Magnum MK II, pretty much all original. Looking to make it go about 35mph and just cruise around the city with my friends. So far I've got a intake, and matching Bing, 64 jet, and Ive derestricted the pipe a bit. The rear snowflake was cracked sadly, not sure what I want to do but we put on a wheel for now.

(edited)

Re: New here

Post a wanted ad for a rear snowflake in the buy/sell section.

Did you replace your pucks and flip second gear?

Throw a biturbo pipe on there and you should hit 35ish.

Patrick Keaton /

How did you derestrict the stock pipe ? What was the mph gain ?

Joshua Luboda /

We drilled some holes in the header pipe and we shortened it. Ive also been experimenting with the baffles. With the carb and intake, and the exhaust it goes 28-29mph. I plan to play with it a bit more and see what I can do.

There's a moped shop in Worcester? Do they carry a good inventory?

Patrick Keaton /

I need to know exactly what you did, and the mph gain you got. I am not about to go do things, unless there are known results. It could make things worse, if it is not done right.

Joshua Luboda /

The moped shop is Hill City Mopeds. We do stock some parts but most stuff is purchased in partnership with Pirate cycles in Grafton.

Ill put a stock pipe on and do a back to back test to see what it does. I know the carb helped me a bit as well.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account