update on Yamaha RD60..

Swoopid Woody /

got started on the RD60, cleaned up nicely, kicks over first kick, did 50 up hill with me, my old lady, and puppy dog.., 55ish with just me.

engine.. got rid of clunky old air filter, put on a hi-flow filter. up-jetted to match air, added torque and speed. also got rid of the faulty old oil injection, pre-mix only. im still weighing my options on pipe, chime in if you have any ideas.

body.. clubman bars with only a slight dip, thanks mark. new seat cover in the mail. want to find more streamline tail light and blinkers (or just ditch the blinkers) for the cafe look, any thoughts on that?... and need to get the cables and wires tucked away nicely.

but.. its coming together

Re: update on Yamaha RD60..

hmm not a moped but pretty fucking rad

Maybe shorten the turn signals and get a smaller tail light assembly, but don't chop that thing. It's beautiful on its own. Pipe would be sweet. Other than that, don't change a thing. Nice find, glad you're finally getting to enjoy it.

Swoopid Woody /

yeah definitely not chopping it up. i like idea of shortening turn signal arms so they sit right up against the bike. guess im going to have to make my own tail assembly so i can use old bolt holes

I am pretty sure those front reflectors just unscrew. If you don't need them for legality I would ditch them, if you want you can use some reflective tape that only looks weird when there is a light shining on them in the dark to replace them.

my old honda's just unscrewed by hand no tools.

Shmoove looking bike, I am jealous

I'm not in love with the rear fender, but other than I wouldn't touch a thing. That's a pretty hot little motorcycle. Good speed for a little guy too.

some day i'll actually stop as i ride by...

That's pretty Rad. I'm falling more and more in love with sub 100cc bikes.

Swoopid Woody /

Ah yes, totally forgot it still had dumb reflectors. Yup, just screwed them off by handf.

I could go either way with the rear fender, I'm not too opposed to it, gonna wait and see how it works with the new tail light assembly before I ditch it

Take Me Home Kev /

Super rad!

mlm pipe.....

Borg Resistance /

The colors are so off that it feels like I'm tripping acid or something. I like the cool effect, but could you post a nice brightly lit picture with accurate colors and good lighting?

Totally awesome bike.

get a boss pipe, cut the header off and hose clamp it on to the long stock header. when you have more than one speeds, i bet a boss would do wonders for power in the top third of your rev range. would also not garishly aftermarket

Michael Thomas /

Bike looks beautiful, now maybe you can work on a new camera.

Simon Picard /

I like how the pictures look ;)

Swoopid Woody /

looks normal to me, you must be fucked up... jussstt playin, yeah i was testing out this camera app on my phone, the colors of the bike in the first pic are about right.

yo will do stop by next time, meet my new pup dogr

Awesome bike, leave as stock as can, 55 is fast enough. Upgrade tires maybe, glad you are loving it! Those were built to be used, not rot in a garage!

Swoopid Woody /

not a bad idea just clamping on a cut off cheap pipe, don't expect to much more speed out of it, but hopefully can get there faster

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

With motorcycles that were oil injected its not quite as simple as just removing oil pump and premixing. fuel. Seals and bearings will suffer.

True in some cases. Like a t500 has oil sprayed directly in the cylinder on the piston and directly to bearings while a yamaha 65 autolube doesn't do anything you cant remedy with premixing.

t500

yt autolube

was the rd60 an autolube. Thats sounds like a fancy marketing word that they usually plaster all over a bike. I havent seen "autolube" decals or any mention of it anywhere on the bike. However it does proclaim to have "torque induction" whatever the Hell that means

if it's anything like it's big brothers, the RD60 should be fine with premix.

Torque induction i think is fancy for the reed setup

ar80 pipe.

i happen to have about 7 of these.

yea yamaha used torque induction as a catch name for intake reeds, they were the first major company to have reeds really

also relating to the hamemade bars thread, i think these ones on woody's bike broke

U have 7 ar80$ or 7 pipes? If they would work i will play

dude

that thing looks great just like it is

don*t wank it up

i have 7 of them for sale, between 45-130 shipped.

one of them is damn near perfect.

the header isnt universal is it ? unique to kiwi80 ?

Brad Pitt Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> With motorcycles that were oil injected its not

> quite as simple as just removing oil pump and

> premixing. fuel. Seals and bearings will suffer.

only suzuki's CCI system lubricates crank bearings directly... any other oil injection system injects oil either at the carb, intake or directly into the cylinder, the same exact places oil would go when premixed. you can see oil passages in the transfers of most motorcycles and mopeds, whether they have oil injection or not.

on a yamaha its 100% safe to run premix instead of oil injection, although i have yet to see a yamaha oil injector that failed.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account