Re: can someone let me know common issues with garelli mopeds?

Chris Barber /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Yep, great bike for the price. I have the rally sport cousin and it's a great, dependable bike. I've had mine as a daily rider for two years with little to no problems, just a few little standard maintenance issues.

I remember reading about the clutch problems before buying my garelli and I expected to have to mess with it by now, but I haven't had to and probably put 2-3k miles on it.

One thing about the oil injector - on mine someone had already taken it off so I've just been pre-mixing. But the little inlet hole where it was hooked up will spray a little gas out on your leg while you're riding if the tank is near full. I think the wind whipping by the hole creates a little vacuum and pulls out the gas. I tried plugging it but I guess the gas cap isn't vented because then the gas stopped flowing.

Anyway, wouldnt trade my garelli for anything - classy bike.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account