help with identifying my moped(no placards)

I bought this Garelli however im pretty sure its not a garelli engine any idea what it is?...it has no markings(engine or frame). any idea of the model and year? please help. any info is good info. thanks in advance.

2012-06-01 10.12.25.jpg
2012-06-11 07.10.05.jpg
2012-06-11 07.10.19.jpg

Re: help with identifying my moped(no placards)

Looks like a non variated Peugeot 103 / 102 engine. Although I have not seen that exact moped before, my guess is an Angel

Love that color.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Speed Bird,

fallout Survivor /

There should be plate on the triple tree.. maybe..

Downhill Harvey has identified it for you.

TYM industries product. This is a Tawainese product. They currently make small tractors and farm equipment.

I have the original paperwork , schematics, parts lists and manuals of these

and 2 versions of the angels in my possession.

I may have some carb and engine parts for sale. (edited)

Taiwanese clone of a Batavus M48... haha

thanks Harvey. i guess its a speed bird s. appreciate it.

now...parts? upgrades?

Mastro: any idea how i may aquire these manuals? (wink) .pdf maybe? (edited)

that ad looks like it should be advertising a punk band basement show

i think that is just one person's collection of all the knowledge that has ever existed in the entire world about 'angel' mopeds.

fallout Survivor /

It is not a clone of the batavus Laura M48 engine in any sense beyond general layout and primative style. There is not interchange of parts . It is just a completely independant design more based on an obscure Honda moped they never exported to the USA.

For a fee I will copy the user manual , the parts list and the repair manual.

I looked for a couple of years online but I never found these documents. Maybe if you look harder and go to Tawain or Australian moped sites.

thanks guys for all the info. any idea what kind of magneto/points are the direct replacement? what about timing? is it the usual 18 btdc?

fallout Survivor /

Go to http://www.jawamoped.com/html/technical.html and read about the Babetta. Read the service manual for model 28 (same as 207) Adjustment of the timing is simple... you line up the flywheel make with the stator ring mark.

It has a pointless electronic ignition. "Transimo" or thyristor/coil combination. The Transimo tends to go bad, the coils almost never. You can build your own thyristor if that fails and you can buy a coil/thyristor combination for a 25 bucks. (edited)

Patrick Keaton /

The magneto should be a near clone of a ''Big'' Bosch, with Batavus m-48 or Puch points both being a direct replacement.

Correction : Engine specs in Manual

fallout Survivor /

Looking this over the top end and and layout of the motor appears

like the Laura M48..

My response about jawa is wrong.. Wrong thread or something..I am reading off the engine spec page here..

Maker: Bosch or WTEMCO

Timing: 25 degree BTDC...Fixed

plug B-4H (NKG) or L89 Champion

Spark Gap .5- 0.6 mm

Carb Mikuni kogyo VM10-24

Main Jet 45 , air jet 0.7

Compression ratio. 7.3

1-40 mm x 38 mm Bore x stroke. might be a typo 140 x 38 mm

Compression pressure 7.0 kg/cm2 at 500 rpm (edited)

That should be a back tattoo.

woah, didn't even notice until just this very second thats the same company that made the general 5 stars....

manuals..

fallout Survivor /

I will try to scan the documents this week... I have the 1) owners manual

2) parts list (with helpful schematics) and 3) the Service manuals for both the Angels and the SpeedBirds. There are a few puzzlements like the difference between an AP 48 And BP 48 and the 25 mph and 30 mph versions. The VM10-24 is pretty restrictive for starters, 10 mm venturi.

Re: manuals..

i took it apart and cleaned it out and blew out the jets. this mikuni looks a little to simple.lol overall condition is like "new". the petcock in the other hand..."not-so-new" actually pretty crudy. any idea where i may aquire on? or should i modify it to an aftermarket/universal one? it is mounted on the tank with 12mm threads. advice on replacement please.

Re: manuals..

fallout Survivor /

The documents I have only show frame parts for the Angel ..not the speed bird that has a different petcock. Usually you can remove, disassemble, and at least clean the petcock. It may have silicon rubber parts that have degraded,,, and since this is a very rare Bird, you will have to improvise by making your own gaskets or refit with another petcock,,, You can always remove the internal silicon valves and add a cheap on off petcock for a lawn mower. See if you can match the threads to something you can buy, if need be.

Hard to suggest more without a picture...

See if you can rebuild what you have .

ok...so i dismantled the engine for a thorough inspection (to se what im working with) and i found the weirdest clutch setup ive ever seen. its a pulley type bell with two(2) inner clutches. any idea where or what this is and can it be replaced with anything more "usual" ill post pics as soon as i can. thanks.

by the way it is on the speed bird

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account