clutch..

i currently start my maxi via keeping it on kickstand, holding clutch lever and "kicking" the pedal down... i need to replace my clutch , is this a good replacement? and will i still be able to start it that same way?? not sure if there is a difference and if this method is referred to as "kick starting"

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-race-clutch-p/puch-3-shoe-race-clutch-moped.htm

Re: clutch..

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

From reading your other POST you clam that your searching for info but all i see is you asking fore help.

Time to man up and do a search, stop being an ass wipe trust fund dick head on the forms.

What makes you think you need a new clutch?

forums by definition are for discussion, and questions. I understand that it's in bad taste to ask questions that are easily answered via internet search.. was just trying speed things up and get a clutch ordered tonight hopefully. but calling me "an ass wipe trust fund dick head" is a little extreme, if you knew anything about me you'd realize that statement.. mainly the "trust fund" part could not possibly be more incorrect, but thanks for the laugh. I hope someday you have the opportunity to say that to me in person.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Owen Walker Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What makes you think you need a new clutch?

Have you measured the thickness of the clutch lining?

Salsa Salsa /

What would you do if he said it to your face? Would ya fight him?

Owen Walker Wrote:

Owen Walker Wrote:

Hello? Gary?

the previous owner of the girl i bought the maxi from (she had it for 4mos) who did all the work etc on it told me it needs a new clutch "old one is likely very worn at this point".. my reasoning is the bike is getting harder and harder to start. AND! i have been reading a shit ton of material on clutch tuning etc and psyched to start learning more hand on once i get some parts, although i still dont have answers to my original questions on this post, i would ask again but level of extreme butt-hurt it may caus to some people could be catastrophic.

I'd ask my father for a raise in my trust fund... but he died 4 years ago working a blue collar job he did all his life.

@Casserollers... "fight him?" unlikely and unnecessary. It's better for people to have the opportunity to say what they feel to someones face, instead of in the safety of being anonymous on the internet. That's all.

That's great that you've been reading up. First, I'd take the clutch out so you can see for yourself if it needs replacing. If it doesn't, there is a whole lot you can do to tune a 2-shoe without spending the money on a 3. And to answer your original question, yes, you'd still be able to start the moped the same way.

Im running a stock 2 shoe, braced, with kickstart springs turned in about two turns from first contact. It slips to about 15mph. Takes off faster than my buddy's ZA. Tuning your two shoe is cheaper than buying a three shoe. you say it's getting harder to start. Does the back wheel spin when you pull the lever and push the pedal? If it does, the problem is not the clutch. It really takes very little clutch to start an e50. Try adjusting the clutch cable? I don't think a 3 shoe is necessary.

not sure if this is what you're referring to, but if the ped is on kickstand with back tire off the ground, the back does not spin at all with the clutch lever in when i push on the pedal.. if that is what you meant, what problem where you thinking it could be?

Your clutch cable is loose

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account