Re: motobcane vlx no spark

♣Slew Foot♣ /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

the wire that goes to the condensor (blue) gets caught underneath the coil and grounds out that was my bugger,

hey reb, i wired in the external, mounted it to the old spot where the other condensor was. now my lighting coil seems to be out and no spark.

where did i go wrong? could the bareness of the condensor wire short out the lighting coil? i got the three coil 12v and the blue wire that goes under the points in a pinch set, had slipped out and got pulled outward due to the flywheel rotation.

i had just got it running with two condensors before and it was a little flat at WOT. after your suggestion that they could short to ground, i decided to remove the old one.

thats when i found the stripped section of wire that was arcing to the coil. it was factory fresh so its a weak spot in the design of the stator

if i am lucky i burnt a bulb, if not, i got to start trouble shooting that stator coil. will it run without a headlight or lighting coil? my tail is fine.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account