Moped Idle Problem

Rui Teixeira /

Hello everyone, my name is Rui i'm Portuguese and recently found this excellent forum, the problem is, I have a Casal Super Boss, in Portugal are the best known and mopeds were made in Portugal, probably already have heard something about the Casal Huvo or Huvo engines, racing engines were basically developed in Portugal.

I bought this moped will some time and the problems that I noticed was that it was in progress when it starts to warm up the engine began to send some backfire, turn off and go back to turn on and turn off times and only managed to turn back on after enough cooling. This problem was solved with a new flywheel, new flywheel with ja could walk without turning off the engine and no backfire Itself and was always able to connect the motor to the first kick.

But the bike will soon no longer run on idling When warmed up, to do that i need to speed up a bit with the throttle until it dies, the problems mentioned above do not happen again but the engine can not hold on idle Itself, if the engine is cold can hold the idle but as soon as I have done a ride of nine miles without ever stopping (just for once to go back) when I get home can not hold the engine idle.

Do you have any idea what might be?

The portuguese moped:

(edited)

Re: Moped Idle Problem

Probably Fred /

Sounds likes you messed with timing .

Make sure it's timed correctly.

Make sure the carb is clean and jetted correctly.

Make sure the tank, fuel lines and filter is not blocked.

Full needs to flow good

more photos!

Rui Teixeira /

The timing is correct because if not the engine will do the same when cold, there is no obstruction in the fuel line, the fuel lines are new, since I was told it could be the carburetor such as jets, needle jet, float bowl diffuser or other parts, because the problem arises only idle when the engine is hot after riding 20/30 minutes. The carburetor is a 17 bing. (edited)

Rui Teixeira /

More photos of the moped or in particular places such as the engine and so?

sweet bike!

Rui Teixeira /

Thanks mate, the bike is really nice, only problem is is that you can not stand idle when the engine is warm.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account