motobecane turn signals?

Wesley Burson /

i have a 50v 1980 without a battery could i hook universal 12v head lights to lets say the headlight which is white and black in the pic would it work at full speed and would it work at idle

heres the pic

Re: motobecane turn signals?

What is the question? Turn signals? Battery? Headlight?

Rollo Tomassi /

You probably need the start over on that question, if makes no sense. Will you have turn signals on the back too?

Restart

Wesley Burson /

i was wondering if i hoked up the + to the brown wire and grounded the negative would i need a battery to have a universal turn signal kit. only the horn (does not work) and the running brake light run on the brown wire would it always give the power to run the kit even at idle? or would i need a battery?

Wesley Burson /

bump

If you are trying to put a battery on a Moby and have it charged by the genny then you need to have a rectifier to change the AC into DC.

If you are trying to put turn signals onto a moby then best way would be to get some aftermarket set up for a bicycle and use rechargable batteries and have it separate from the Moby wiring.

If you want to do the rectifier thing then you have to make sure you have the three coil 6/12volt genny, the 2 coil 6/12volt uses the ignition coil as the 12v accessory so this will be disruptive to the ignition system if you tried to put a rectifier on it.

Wesley Burson /

no not with a battery heres a drawing i made(note horn no longer works so i removed it)

Untitled.jpg

The battery would work as a regulator but you would still need the rectifier even if you did not want to use a battery.

this was about the same idea i had in my mind for my 50v. moby are you saying i cant just throw a 12v blinker kit into the wiring somewhere and have it work?

Buy a set of cat-eye signals and call it done.

Wesley Burson /

were could i get a set

Wesley Burson /

what type does a motobecane run ac or dc cuz if it runs like ac i could use an ac set up or viceversa

Buy sell forum, these were made a long time ago, you will prob have to replace batt pack, but they work very well. They charge from the hot lead on the headlamp, no need to hack into the stock wire harness. People dump these all the time as most do not like the looks of them.

12v dc

I have an old set of cat eyes, I'll send you free plus shipping. They really are not very bright. And the battery box is ugly... but yeah you want a standalone system.

^When they have a new batt in them they are very bright. One can be made for you at a hobby store or a batt plus store. This is the way to go. I would put them on my 50v , but as I' am larger than when I used to have these they would be in the way. I have a set as well, but not sure if I want to give it up.

There is a kind of cat-eyes that runs on dry cells and does not charge from the bike at all, never had one that worked, not sure how bright they would be. I have spares of the the lamps from this kid of set but no batt box/flasher unit or wires.

Wesley Burson /

how much for shipping to the zip code 44903 in ohio

Motobecanes run 6 volt and 12 volt AC

6 volt only has a single spade terminal on the backing plate of the genny

6/12 volt has a black terminal on the back of the genny and they are marked as 6 or 12 volt

2 coil 6/12 systems run the ignition coil as the 12v accessory supply

3 coil 6/12 system run a coil for 6 a coil for 12 and a coil for ignition

Where can I see a picture of the cat-eye signals and the best place to find the dry cell or rechargeable type for sale?

Buy/sell forum. Some bikes in the photo section may have them mounted.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account