Opinions on Dellorto SHA 16.16?

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

Just ordered one and saw a few threads about having to modify it in some way, should I have ordered a different carb?

Re: Opinions on Dellorto SHA 16.16?

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

What bike are you putting it on?

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

Motron Sprint.

I'm going to be putting in on an 80cc kit eventually but it's staying stock until I get around to it.

ɯɐpɐ ʞunʞs /

That might not be so great on your stock cylinder without some decent porting and opening of the intake manifold, and definitely not without a pipe.

It will bolt on, but you won't see any performance benefit on a stock bike. Also, you'll need a range of jets to get it dialed in. I have the same engine, and would advise you buy a pipe first, then an intake, port match the intake and exhaust, and then do the carb.

The 14.12 is more than adequate on the stock cylinder.

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

I ordered a pipe and an intake along with it, so it sounds like i'm in decent shape

ɯɐpɐ ʞunʞs /

Be sure to match the exhaust port to the pipe and match the intake port to the intake in the very least.

i have the same carb on a tomos with an a35. i ran it with the stock intake and it performed like shit. i just got a new intake today, threw it on and i cant believe the difference it made.

im fairly new to small motors but in my opinion its a great simple carb.

i like mine, but i have a bigger intake. same as what phil said, its way better than stock.

very easy to tune, but you wont be able to tune the whole range only one jet. but im okay with that, its easy

I have two kitted a35 bikes with the 16:16, stock intake just a bit opened up, and the exhaust port opened. and a pipe on both. thats the perfect mild build. its fast enough and really kind of fail safe. love my 16:16s and the one with the Estoril pipe hits good and does about 50

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account