Barn Find / 1st Pug Upgrades

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

Thank you Mike Honcho. Northern MI barn find netted a near mint Peugeot 103 lvs u2 with only 600 miles and a Maxi N for crazy cheap. Plus the old man threw in a 2 stroke vlx style enduro exhaust.

This is my first pug. Consequently, I was up late researching forums, treats and 77 and quickly was overwhelmed by the dizzying pug performance options. Before i go real big (easier said than done) and while planning a legit build, I want to "unrestrict" it as a stock 50cc (what were the differences btw u2 and u3?).

Out of the gate, I will keep it simple. Carb and pipe unless there are other suggestions. I have a 15.15 SHA that i will toss on the 15 mm malossi intake. Really, my question focuses around which pipe i should pair with the SHA and stock 50cc ? I would like to keep pedal and stand function if possible. Input ?

Re: Barn Find / 1st Pug Upgrades

Throw away or sell the enduro exhaust.

For the peugeot buy a circuit pipe and some polini reeds for when you change out the intake.

Yeah.....the enduro exhaust will go on a rat project

Nice finds. Maxi N, and a Pug. Sell me the rigid!

nice bikes, I know a guy who would buy the cat-eye set up off the Puch if you do not chose to use it, let me know, if batt box is intact. That Pug is beautiful!

Go all out on the pug. Like $600 for everything and you can blast at 60mph.

Aaron. What pipe would u pair w 50cc and 15 sha ?

I think its funny that the bikes found always have around 600 miles on them. When i got my 103 I put a 15.15 sha, new intake, polini or tomos stock two petal reeds and derestricted the pipe and was going a comfortable 37+ mph, then found a polini top one pipe which are discontinued and hard to find. That gave me a little more. Circuit pipes are good but they fall apart quick from the vibrations etc. from the motor. Congrats on the find!

not a lot of good stock peugot pipe options, all the cheap ones are worthless. de-restricting the stock pipe should get you the best results

Emil Kniemel /

crooked toe.

are you using stock 50cc or kit 3 transfer 50cc? the stock jug only has 2 transfers, if you get a kit take the cases apart and add the third transfer in for uber blasting. also I think ninja g2 is made for 50cc.

otherwise simonini with the screw to flange adapter if you are using the stock jug for OK performance. Try the proma circuit if you can get ahold of one. 1977 mopeds says its in stock but it isnt.

Just buy a Pug pipe....

Right on.....thanks guys. Btw, not my crooked ass toe....think it may be Mike Honcho's. @ nick G, 37 is good enough for me for a stock commuter. I will try what you and the others suggest. I didnt think there would be many options after researching but I was hoping that there was a "Hobbit proma" -like panacea that I had overlooked. Has anyone tried this stock 25.5mm header pipe ? big header stock pug pipe

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Here's a little stock pipe info I found. I mentioned it in PT, but nobody cared.

If you scroll down to exhausts, it says,

The early 103 U3 came with a short baffle tube. These went 35 miles per hour, and were the fastest moped. Then in 1978 Peugeot had to slow the bikes down to meet 30mph DOT regulations, so they issued a recall to all 103 U3 owners to bring their mopeds into the dealer to have the long baffle put in. If the baffle is simply removed, the bike will only be a little louder, but will go 2-3 faster.

What I want to know is, exactly how long is the 35mph baffle tube? Removing it, only gets you 2-3mph. I want the 35 mph pipe.

Peugeot speed info.jpg

woah, that is an awesome chart. If I had known that a year ago I would probably still have my pug! that needs to go on the main peugeot wiki page for sure!

i have the short baffle tube...haven't mearured it but i'd say it's about 3 inches...btw it's removed...still trying to work on the speed but it's gettin' there

Awesome chart Harv. Thanks for sharing. Should definitely be wiki'd

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

You can thank Myron's Mopeds for the chart. Lot's of good info at Myron's.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account