Getting into mopeds

Hey, just wanted to say what's up. I'm Nick from southwestern CT. 26 years old and I've finally woken up and realized how much potential and fun there is in mopeds. I've been interested in building a cafe racer for a long time now, but haven't been ready to dive into a motorcycle license, registration & insurance.

After seeing some of the magnums and generals etc I see that there's a lot of cafe potential in mopeds too. Even if they're not cafe style, there's still a lot of impressive ones.

Currently looking around to see what sort of ped I can pick up to work on.

I come from a background of racing go karts, building muscle cars and tuning imports, so you'll definitely see me hovering around the performance section. Can't wait for my first project. (edited)

Re: Getting into mopeds

Hi Nick.

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Wait till you see how big the needle is!

teh scene is grate, i slip right thru

I have a hard time getting into mopeds..i can never find the doors x]

mopeds are fun

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Did you "get into mopeds" before you found this site?

I ask because that appears to be the case with most noobs.

In 1986, when I got into mopeds (they were my DUI-cycles) there was no web, just generic two stroke books at the public library and long lonely rides home at night.

buy a scooter

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Don't do it, you don't know what you're in for.

Nick Barnett /

Someone gave me a 70's one years ago when I was 14 or so. Didn't really know what I had at the time. Then I got my car and my license and I think it ended up being given away. It was fun buzzing around the neighborhood but I think it'd be even more fun now that I have the nohow to really play with one.

Nick Barnett /

Can't do a scooter. Most people riding two wheels around here are on a scooter or a motorcycle. I don't think I've seen any mopeds. I figured I'd try something a little different. Plus scooters just feel like toys. I feel like I should be riding on a boardwalk in North Carolina when I'm on one.

Nick Barnett /

Plus I'm bound to blow something up. At least I can pedal the moped home.

I Live in Meriden.....CT.

You do not need Reg or ins for peds in CT.

Just a vaild DL.

Nick Barnett /

That's what I love about them. Do you know anyone else around ct that rides?

Just looked at your profile. You have a tone of bikes! I assume at least some are modded in some way. Any issues with cops with you and speed?

Mopeds dumb

Mopeds take all the time you do have and all the money you don't have

Me no like MOPADS

Use caution ! One turns into many ......

Get a ciao, kit and variate it, wheelie for days.

mopeds make your wife mad at you

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

DAM JakeM Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Mopeds take all the time you do have and all the

> money you don't have

No one rides mopeds anymore. That was just a fad.

well I hope you brought your wallet with you. You think cars and karts are costly wait until you start wanting to go faster. Shit breaks and you wonder why you didn't buy a motorcylce instead. Words to the wise. Keep it stock... bone stock.

Most of them will need rebuilt to run long distances if not your thumbing it back. (edited)

getting imto mopeds ~Tight fit huh ?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account