The white Garelli Monza GT 1983?

I just recently became "infacuatated" with the Garelli Monza GT. I typically see it in 3 color schemes: black with red, gold with red & black (my least favorite), and the silver with red & black.

I noticed in this brochure page there is a WHITE Monza with red & black. Apparently the Monza was just coming out so maybe this is 1983? Anybody ever see a white Monza before? I think I like this one best.Other than this page I haven't seen any pictures. Is it super rare or mysteriously non-existant like the Unicorn-esque, Blue Puch Magnum?

GarelliEarly80sLineA.jpg

Re: The white Garelli Monza GT 1983?

I've seen that too and thought it was probably a mock up for the brochure and just ended up being silver after it went into production.

Pretty sure I saw one a few years back. No idea on the story behind it, though. Euro model? Rare US model? Hmm...

Darn. Perhaps you did see one so there's hope! haha thanks guys.

I was hoping to hear "Oh yea the white Monza's there as common as the others." Worst comes to worse I'd settle for black or silver IF i ever got a monza but I really dig the white. I supposed it's possibly to paint it but not without the decals!!!! Ha. Anyone else have input???

want

no tyler no! me....me want....I WANT lol

I found and restored a silver one a while ago (with difficulty). I've never seen or heard of another early series in bike my area. I think chances of finding one increase as you go down south and get closer to the original importer.

i think the color is just faded on the brochure. silver.

ɯɐpɐ ʞunʞs /

I like the gold the best.

Pretty bad pic.

white_monza.jpg

Looks silver to me

yup. pretty sure that's silver.

want

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

^^^^^ want or steal? You'll get yours,

Brochure bike was definately white...

I've only seen this photo of any other one, and it's a foreign bike.

(edited)

83 Sport 25 Monza.jpg

Where do you get that wonderful toy?

(edited)

I don't own that white one. I've had the photo for some time and don't remember where it cam from. I still have these 3 in the collection right now.

i;ve seen that pic before. wowwww which is your favorite and why? is that the 83, 85 and 86? where they tough to find? i'm not going to say i NEVER saw one around here bit it's rare.

Rob, i covet your silver monza.

Despite a post-restoration scratch on the tank, I still like the silver one the most probably. They are all rare, but the earlier ones always seemed harder to find.

its all about the radial fin pattern.

....and the mags

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account