Plastic gas tank

The inside of the my gas tank on the puch maxi sport is rusted pretty badly. I figured on fixin that in the winter when i wont be driving it. Does anyone know of an easy cheap way to make a makeshift gas tank? Thanks

Re: Plastic gas tank

Strap a plastic gas can to the luggage rack, done.

i had a DART with no tank twice, i bought like 30 feet of 1/2 tubing, and wrapped the frame in gasoline. 2nd onei scored a weed eater gas tank that i threw under the seat, most lawnmower places have these tanks for cheap

Any lawn mower place with a couple junk mowers out back should be able to hook you up with a rectangular plastic tank. You'll need to put an inline mower fuel valve on the line. You could mount it on the rails right in the middle of the frame for the best handling, mounting it on the rear rack will also work but if its a large tank the weight might make the bike ride a little funny.

I have done likre saab said many times. use your mirror mounts to mount the tank to the bars. its only temporary right?

i got a little guy off an old edger. i like the 1/2 inch hose idea.

maxi's have that step through area with the bars, that works great for strapping tanks. you should be able to make one out of almost any gasoline approved container

Chris Davis /

just make sure it will deliver fuel fast enough to the carb. You may have to enlarge the vent hole in the cap.

find a small junk mini bike / pit bike / dirt bike gas tank and if youre lucky it will straddle the frame perfectly. then just add bungees

Fuck a fuel tank. Fill that bitch with vodka !!!

ɯɐpɐ ʞunʞs /

Why not just take a day or two to fix it instead of letting it get worse until winter?

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Don't strap a Molotov cocktail to your moped.

ha, graham, we got a c110 with a lawnmower gastank ziptied to the mirror mounts. great minds...

I'm gonna put a PBR tank on my moperd. The cops will think its just foamy premix and that I'm retarded since I ride a moperd anyway.

nope ya need a heineken mini keg!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account