Tomos Targa Lx

Getting mine today I'm hoping. I've been reading as much as I can about them this week before asking a stupid question and can't find a solid answer. Which engine comes stock on these? The a35 or the a55 and is there a way to tell by looking at it? Some sites that sell them offer an upgrade to the a55 but the wiki says they come stock with the a35. I read that you can put puch kits on them too. Does that work for both engines? I appreciate any help you guys offer.

Re: Tomos Targa Lx

What year is it?

tirrell norflett /

05 and up is The a55 right?

The registration says it's a 99.

It's an A35 if it's a 1999.

Arnie Sparaco /

i think mid 2005 they went to a55 cause my 05 sprint is the a35. 1999 is a35 might be points.

I've only ever had Puchs. I'm really unfamiliar with this bike. haha. No clutch and kicking backwards to start is so awkward to me. I'm pretty sure it's an A35. Looked into it a little more. Do they come standard with 12v lights? There's something on the side that says 12v. I can take pictures later.

DAM Kevin Boyd /

FOR THE STRAIGHT EDGE!

DAM Kevin Boyd /

but on the real, enjoy your tomos. haters gon hate, but i love mine. best wishes, brother.

A55 is port so no reeds a35 reeds about 95-96 up have Cdi older have pointS

Only the old a3 in the 70-80/ were 6v the a35 a55 are all 12v

But if its 99 it's a35

Lemme make sure I understand that last comment. I've got the 99. So it's an a35 it's 12v and has cdi not points. Right?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Yes.

It was definitely an A35 when manufactured in '99. Should be stamped A35 on one of the cooling fins.

There are a ton of after-market parts available for the A35. It's a fairly solid engine (cast iron cylinder instead of aluminum) and was only replaced in later models by the A55 to meet the EPA emissions standards. When you have Tomos-specific questions, Tomosmopeds.org has a lot of riders with good info. The gearbox on the A35 is virutually the same as the newer ones, with slight differences in gear ratios. They even use the same clutch assemblies.

Lot of Tomos haters here, but I love my Streetmate. Only a few mods, and it's quick and reliable.

Thanks for the help guys. And thank you Harley for the link.

ya ppl who hate on tomoss are just jealous. a35s are sweet engines

I have a 90 Bullet TT that cam with an a3... just sayin.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account